2yo half-brother to Ghostzapper entered @ Saratoga today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 7 @ Saratoga, it's the #2 City Wolf. He's a half-brother to Ghostzapper by the exceptional sire Giant's Causeway.

Here's what i wrote about the race on my website, lots of good info here (i hope)

Sorry about the late post today. I spent about 2 hours working on the 7th race from Saratoga, and ended up not even having an official play there. I did however come up with some very interesting information on a couple of longshots. #4 London Town (15/1 ml) worked a furlong in 10.1 at the April Keeneland sale, and also happens to be a half-brother to a couple of stakes winners. He also worked heads-up with our recent 9/1 winner Snap Happy back on Aug 7, which was Snap Happy's final drill going into her win. She's entered in the Grade 1 Spinaway Stakes tomorrow, btw. So obviously this horse horse is worth a look here at the big price. Thing is though, the favorite #5 Hockley looks very tough, particularly at today's 7-furlong distance, and i also happened to uncover some very positive info on #11 Magic Bullet (15/1 ml). That Lukas trainee worked heads-up twice in a row with barnmate Wildcat Nation, who came out of those drill to win going away on Aug 26 (with today's rider Velasquez aboard). And of course Lukas has won with several firsters this summer. Lastly, #2 City Wolf is a Frankel-trained half-brother to Ghostzapper (and also the stakes winner City Zip), and of course Ghostzapper won by about 10 lengths at first asking for Frankel some years back. I believe City Zip also won her debut, though i'm hazy on that. Unfortunately however, i was unable to find any useful information on City Wolf other than the breeding angle. So all in all, i do recommend betting some exotics here keying the two 15/1 shots i mentioned, boxed with the strong favorite Hockley. And obviously City Wolf could be in the mix as well. On to the official plays...

Comments