The best horse that nobody ever talks about...

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    super fast.....from start to finish.....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Reminds me a bit of Caller One, though i think he's probably faster.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited September 2009
    He has gotten so big, he's one handsome horse to look at, and then with speed like that to boot. Just wondering how many sprinters have ever been eclipes winning 3yr old male. He's deserved consideration, winning 3 grade ones in a row, dominating older male sprinters, while normally giving away weight. Summer Bird is an impressive three year old, and should also be considered the best 3yr old male, but Zensational is just as good when sprinting.
    edited September 2009
    Very interesting. With none of this year's 3yo's colts (aside from Zensational) being completely dominant this hear. perhaps he might stand a chance in the Eclipse balloting for top 3yo colt. I highly doubt that award would be given to a sprinter though, as they always tend to be looked down upon.

Many years ago, i was 100% convinced that the best horse in the country was Kona Gold. I mean, so what if he didn't route. The route horses don't sprint either. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Not sure why route horses get all the attention, it's not fair.
  • outofthecloudsoutoftheclouds Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    i think he's a sitting duck in the sprint.runs greenly and very headstrong.faster than caller one the same caller one that stumbled out of the gate and still cut a 20 and change 1\4 in the BC sprint.i don't think so though he has more raw talent than any horse in training.
    edited September 2009
    Different surfaces these days. The race youy're referrring to, i believe Kona Gold ran 6 furlongs in 107.4 (a record that still stands @ Churchill). It sure doesn't look to me like anyone can stay with this colt early. But same running style is what i was getting at. Just a speed-crazy 3yo with a ton of raw ability. He certainly does appear rank, even after several races now, but it's not having much effect. He's just too fast for everybody. I suspect it may be the same story in the Sprint; they're gonna have to come get him. Main concern would be a tardy break, which is something else he's been demostrating lately. But as long as he doesn't get pinched back, he's had no trouble rushing up and taking the lead. Bigger field in the Sprint though than what he's been accustomed to.

FWIW, the Wynn is listing him at a whopping 8/5 right now.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited September 2009
    I too don't understand why sprinters don't get recognition. If he wins the Sprint, he derserves to be one of the top two three year old colts. Summer Bird IMO is the only other one to have done enough to be ahead. This colt, again is too quick for many early, and if he can run for seven furlongs, and still have enough left, then i think he should get six furlongs. The only horse i would worry about is Fatal Bullet, very fast and very dangerous on synthetics.