Kieren Fallon touting his mount Youmzain in the Arc

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Sporting Life:

Kieren Fallon expects a big performance from Youmzain in "one of the best Arcs".

The former champion jockey has won the Longchamp showpiece twice before aboard Dylan Thomas and Hurricane Run and is predicting a huge run from Mick Channon's charge on Sunday.

"I'm feeling very confident. I've won a Group One on him before in Germany and I hope he can do it in the Arc. I just hope I get a decent draw, near the rail in the box seat, and then skip away like we all know he can do," he told Racing UK.

"It's one of the best Arcs with Sea The Stars, Fame And Glory and Vision d'Etat in the field. Sea The Stars has been on the go all season, and I'm hoping it's the end of the road for him. It is tough for three-year-olds, and you only have to remember Generous, who won the Derby so well but then flopped in the Arc."

If Youmzain wins on Sunday, Fallon hopes he is able to enjoy the moment more than when Dylan Thomas struck in 2007. The jockey was forced to endure a nervy stewards' enquiry after that race.

Looking back on that day, he added: "I didn't enjoy it. Johnny Murtagh pulled up alongside me and said 'well done.' But I thought, I'm going to lose this. They don't like us going over there and taking their money. When the enquiry was over, all I felt was relief."