Jockey Club Gold Cup

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I didn't give out a play on this one, but here's what i wrote on my site:

Regarding the Jockey Club Gold Cup, no play there, but i am expecting improvement from Quality Road today. He was really up against it in the Travers last time out, attempting to win a Grade 1 at 1 1/4 miles in just his second start off an injury-induced layoff, with only a 6-furlong sprint race a few weeks beforehand to prepare him. Figures to have gotten a lot out of the race, and it's also worth noting he was bumped around between horses a bit leaving the gate and then was boxed in along the rail for a good portion of the race. Gets a good draw here and could be sitting a perfect trip stalking the longshot frontrunner Tizway while racing in the clear on the outside. Hesitant to give him out here because he appears certain to get hammered at the windows, as usual (the 3/2 price on him in the Travers was ridiculous considering the circumstances). Worth mentioning here in case Summer Bird gets overbet, ands of course Macho Again will some lot of money as well, but given Quality Road's reputation it's hard to see him going off at a fair price here. Would want at least 3/1 in this spot.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Nice run by Quality Road today, but Summer Bird was just a bit better.