Sunday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Belmont - Race 2

#8 Sure as Gold (2/1 ml)

I gave this horse out in her debut, and although she ran second, i thought she ran terrific. She completely blew the start and was off several lengths last, but then showed a good burst of speed while being rushed up to join the pack. She settled near the back once that was over, then started making another fine move while coming widest of all around the turn to mount a challenge into the lane, grinding away late to finish second by a length. Considering she lost well over a length at the break, and had to use up some early energy while being rushed back into contention after the gate incident, it's rather obvious she was best here. And that was just my initial impression; the gate incident looks even worse on the head-on replay, where you can see that she took a complete right-hand turn leaving the gate and was headed for the outer rail. She was separated from the rest of the field by literally about half the racetrack shortly after leaving the gate. Time of the race was slow, but clearly there's more under the hood here than it looks like on paper. Expecting a big effort today; just hope she's not bet too hard.

HRT record:

61 for 219 (28%)

$521.20 mutuels ($8.54 avg)

Comments