Thursday play from DiscreetPicks.com (Keeneland, Race 7)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Keeneland - Race 7

#8 My Jen (4/1 ml)

Maiden winner from Turfway Park was electrifying in her debut, not exactly what i expected to see when i checked out the replay (highly recommended viewing, go to Cal Racing and type her name into the "Horse" search feature on the replay page). Showed good speed to pop the gate and take the early lead, but was under a nice hold and being asked for little or no run, even briefly conceding the lead to a horse that came through on her inside. Based on that portion of the race, it appears that she'll have no trouble rating today, and that figures to be very important here as there's a ton of early speed lined up with Encore Saritta and Lela. What really floored me about the replay though was the exceptional turn-of-foot this filly showed once turning into the straightaway and being given the signal by the rider. Just exploded away from the pack in the blink of an eye. If she avoid an early speed duel here, i really think she can bust this race open once they turn into the stretch. Good filly here.

HRT record:

61 for 221 (28%)

$521.20 mutuels ($8.54 avg)

Comments