Goldikova reported to be at the "top of her game"

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Racing Post:

Trainer Freddie Head says Goldikova is at the "top of her game" for the Breeders' Cup,where only three French-trained horses are set to be involved.

Goldikova, beaten last time out at odds-on in the Prix de la Foret, is bidding to repeat her thrilling victory in the Breeders' Cup Mile when she returns to Santa Anita onNovember 7.

She will be joined by stablemate Only Green, who has acted as Goldikova's pacemaker in the past.

Only Green has been entered for the Filly & Mare Sprint, while the Alain de Royer-Dupre-trained Sweet Hearth could run either in that race or the Dirt Mile.

Speaking at Compiegne on Monday, Head said: "I think Goldikova is at the top of her game and I am very happy with her.

"Her preparation has gonevery well and I am satisfied that she could even be better than she was last year," he added.

"Together with Only Green, she will be boxed to Amsterdam on Saturday and then be flown to Los Angeles the following day.

"The pair will then do 42 hours quarantine and Goldikova knows all about that. It will give her time to recover from the flight. She will then do some light work up until the race."

Italian owned Sweet Hearth has always been highly rated by Royer-Dupre and only failed by a short head to catch her stablemate Varenar in the Foret.

Gerald Mosse looks set to ride her at Santa Anita.