Dar Re Mi to stay in training next year

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
from Racing Post:

DAR RE MI will stay in training next year with plans for 2010 likely to be formulated by connections in the next fortnight.

Dar Re Mi put up yet another excellent performance in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf at Santa Anita on Saturday night when beaten only a length and three-quarters into third place by Conduit, having previously finished a close fifth to Sea The Stars in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Lord and Lady Lloyd-Webber's filly had been disqualified in controversial circumstances when finishing first in the Prix Vermeille when bidding for her third successive Group 1 victory after the Darley Yorkshire Oaks at York in August and the Pretty Polly Stakes at the Curragh.

Simon Marsh, racing and bloodstock manager to the owners, said: "Dar Re Mi will remain in training in 2010 and has come out of her race absolutely fantastic. She trotted up well afterwards and ate up everything and we couldn't be more happy with her. We will sit down and make plans in the next two weeks for 2010.

"She has been an absolute star and is the best middle-distance filly in Europe."

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Just a heads-up, Dar Re Mi is entered in the Dubai Sheema Classic tomorrow morning, and is somehow being listed @ 10/1.
    edited March 2010
    from Sporting Life:

William Buick will come under the spotlight at the new Meydan racecourse on Saturday night as he bids to cement his fledgling relationship with John Gosden aboard Dar Re Mi in the Dubai Sheema Classic.

Gosden raised a few eyebrows in the racing community when parting company with his stable jockey Jimmy Fortune earlier this year to make way for the budding talent of Buick.

The youngster has described the appointment as a "dream job" and he gets the first opportunity to live the dream at the top level as Lord and Lady Lloyd Webber's mare tries her luck in the mile-and-a-half turf event.

Buick said: "It is a tough race but she could not be in better form and we are hopeful.

"I am really looking forward to it. I was pleased to get the job. It is a great opportunity and I can't wait to get going."

Dar Re Mi is one of 16 declared but has to reverse Arc de Triomphe form with Andre Fabre's former charge Cavalryman.

The new Godolphin inmate was two places ahead of her in third at Longchamp last October and is expected to be better suited by the race conditions after running down the field over a mile and a quarter on the Tapeta surface earlier in the month.

Jockey Frankie Dettori said: "He did not show his best on Super Thursday but that was on Tapeta and over a trip probably short of his best.

"He was not beaten far though and these conditions should really suit him."

Dar Re Mi was last seen occupying third place in the Breeders' Cup Turf when she had Sir Michael Stoute's Spanish Moon on her heels in fourth.

The Prince Khalid Abdullah-owned six-year-old was forced to race abroad last year after failing a stalls test, but his travels have served him well.

He was beaten just a nose in this race last year and finished well in the Far East in December to get within a short head of claiming the Hong Kong Vase.

Abdullah's racing manager, Teddy Grimthorpe, said: "He is a true international horse now and it was rather fortuitous that he had to be campaigned abroad.

"He has won a Group One and a Group Two in France and has been a fraction away in Dubai and Hong Kong.

"He went through the gates on Thursday without a problem and we just need it to all to go right on the day."

Three-times Arc runner-up Youmzain was well in arrears of Spanish Moon in Hong Kong and tries for the third time to land the Sheema Classic, with his best effort coming when making the frame in 2007.

His trainer, Mick Channon, said: "How many horses do you know which have finished three times in second place in the Arc?

"Kieren Fallon has ridden him in the past and has won on him. He knows him inside out and has sat on him this week.

"It didn't work out for him last time in Hong Kong but you wouldn't mind having 10 Youmzains in your yard.

"He hasn't done anything wrong but he just needs the race to go his way.

"His form is as good as any in the race and, with luck, he will go close."

The guaranteed pace-setter is Mary Hartmann's Breeders' Cup Turf runner-up Presious Passion.

The trailblazer was only denied by Conduit in California and warmed up for his Dubai trip with a recent win at Gulfstream Park.

Hartmann said: "I was a little upset in the Breeders' Cup that it wasn't a fuller field because I figured if it was a 12-horse field Conduit coming from behind might have some traffic problems.

"I was thrilled to run second and be only beaten half a length. He went out there, ran his race and put himself on the line. What else can you ask for?

"There's a long stretch here and that concerns me.

"I didn't look but I don't think anybody has his speed. Mile and a half turf horses aren't supposed to do what he does.

"I feel he'll take people out of their game. You have to adjust a little bit or he's gone."
    edited March 2010
    found these quotes on the Racing Post site, in a couple of different articles:

William Buick, rider of Dar Re Mi

"I rode her on Thursday and she seems in great shape. Her Group 1 form in Europe would give her a big chance and her Arc run was very good, though she was, of course, behind a couple of these."

The John Gosden-trained Breeders’ Cup third Dar Re Mi, drawn 14, is 10-1. Gosden said, half jokingly: “I think the Brits are in trouble."
    edited March 2010
    Dar Re Mi wins @ $26.20 :thumbup:
    edited March 2010
    Here's the video of the race. Dar Re Mi is #14 in the pink silks.

YouTube - 2010 Dubai Sheema Classic