Wednesday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Just mentioned i was on this horse in the contest today; might as well post him here as well. Doesn't mean that i'm on every horse i use i the contest (i'm not), but in this case i am. At least, i will be if the odds allow it...

Hollywood - Race 1

#4 High Success (8/5 ml)

One of three horses who are all coming out of the same race together, with the other three entrants being a shipper from Hawthorne Park and a couple of first-time starters. High Success ran easily the best race of those three, breaking a bit slowly but then showing sharp acceleration when being rushed up early to assume a stalking position. Came widest into the lane and was shifting back-and-forth a bit while racing greenly, but then easily pulled clear of the others late, aside from the impressive winner Tribal Face who was dropping out of stakes company. Looks like the type of horse who could show big improvement here with the race under his belt (not to mention a better break from the starting gate), and the stretchout to 7-furlongs only figures to increase his chances. Will obviously take a lot of money here, but looks exceedingly tough.

HRT record:

63 for 225 (28%)

$542.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Good Luck DC.

I would have to say I like otherwise. With the short price, and the 3 lengths lost in the stretch, and the stretchout, I will play against.

Kind of liking the

1st timer, the 1 Alphie's Bet
    And the pace-setter from last 5 Golden Horizon

The workout pattern and FAST drills by the 1, and the rail, and pedigree, I think the horse will be suited, but the competition may be too stiff is the only issue.

As for Golden Horizon. The pace-setter also fell some in the stretch last out, but the 6F drill was a good stamina work. The fast 4 Furlong work on November 1st shows the horse still has the early speed. blinkers off.

Good Luck
  • havanahavana Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    PLEASE could somebody explain to me the times I.E. TODAY 3:42 PM and 3:14 PM????
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Havana, the problem likely involves your settings. Click on the "Edit Profile" tab above, and from there, click on "Edit Settings" on the left-hand toolbar. Then scroll down, and you'll see "Date and Time Options". Use that to set your appropriate time zone.