2 YO Colt with Talent at Philly Park

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I have good info on this colt at Philly park today and if his feet can stay together throughout the year Pino might be on the back of another serious Triple Crow Prep colt, his last one was Hard Spun and he was a real runner, I was told this one has great potential if the feet hold up. His name is Winslow Homer. Race 5, Make a win and place bet on him tomorrow. You heard it hear first!!

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Great info FB, thanks for the heads-up!
    edited November 2009
    Would you believe that cannot bet that Philly Park race anywhere in Las Vegas? It's true. They're only taking it as a "filler" track on Mondays and Tuesdays.

In fact, i have all THREE Racing Forms here in front of me, and Philadelphia Park is not included on ANY of them. I can't even look at the damn PP's. What a freaking joke...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    I have good info on this colt at Philly park today and if his feet can stay together throughout the year Pino might be on the back of another serious Triple Crow Prep colt, his last one was Hard Spun and he was a real runner, I was told this one has great potential if the feet hold up. His name is Winslow Homer. Race 5, Make a win and place bet on him tomorrow. You heard it hear first!!

fb

He wins by 8 under a choke hold, better keep your eye on this one if his feet stays sound during the prep races.

fb
    edited November 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    He wins by 8 under a choke hold, better keep your eye on this one if his feet stays sound during the prep races.

fb

Chart states 12 1/2 lengths
    edited November 2009
    Great info as always, FB.

Regarding his Derby prospects, it's bothersome that you're already citing foot problems. Reminds me a bit of Roman Ruler, who i knew was a very good horse, but i also suspected would get derailed from the Derby Trail because of foot issues (his brother El Corredor had been notorious for foot problems throughout his career).

I'll take a look around Vegas though and see what odds i can find. Thanks again.
    edited November 2009
    Great info as always, FB.

Regarding his Derby prospects, it's bothersome that you're already citing foot problems. Reminds me a bit of Roman Ruler, who i knew was a very good horse, but i also suspected would get derailed from the Derby Trail because of foot issues (his brother El Corredor had been notorious for foot problems throughout his career).

I'll take a look around Vegas though and see what odds i can find. Thanks again.
    UPDATE:

Winslow comes out of the race in great shape, was told by a connection in the winners circle he wasn't even blowing and will be shipped to Palm Meadows training center and might be the Gufstream route to the Derby if he is good enought. I don't follow beyers but he received a 92 winning by 12 1/2 and being never asked to run down the lane. This is one serious 2 you horse. Like I said above you heard it hear FIRST.

fb
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited November 2009
    FB,
    Know where I can see a replay of the race???
    edited November 2009
    I was wondering that myself. It's not available on CalRacing.
    edited November 2009
    Nice, thanks for the link.

Pretty much the same thing i saw in the Saratoga race, big strapping gray horse who needed to be pushed along a bit but then responded willingly, opening up a very big stride to win going away. Not sure what he was facing here, but he clearly looks to have some talent. Almost reminds me of The Pamplemousse, though of course Winslow Homer has a much more conventional stride.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the link.

He actually reminded me of of Old Fashioned. The maiden of his was also real impressive looking. Hopefully he can stay sound, unlike Old Fashioned.
    edited January 2010
    Winslow Homer, baby! :toast:
    edited June 2010
    Bump for our good buddy Winslow Homer. Let's hope he comes back strong today and continues on towards the Travers.