DiscreetCat ?

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey see if you can find a future on Winslow Homer out in Vegas for me, if you do I want you to make me a wager on it. I will send the funds in advance. You think I can get a dime down or is a nickle the max? I told myself I would never make a future wager again after they ran Eight Belles in the Derby. I know it's only November, but I'm hearing serious info on this colt as of today. I cannot believe the DRF hasn't mentioned this colt at all, what a joke.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Not trying to argue, but what "info" could you possibly have about a horse winning the Kentucky Derby? In November of the previous year, no less. And you've already mentioned he has foot problems? I won't argue talent with you, but it's a needle in a haystack right now. No matter who you like...

Both the Wynn and Lucky's sheets are showing 100/1 right now. Little to no chance you could get a dime down at that price, but if it's indeed the same at both places, I suppose there's a chance you could go a nickel each. More likely at Wynn than Lucky's, obviously.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    If you are willing how can I send you the money? The info I have gotten doesnt make him the Derby winner, but as you have stated in the past and are more apt to this type of wagering is the price. If he comes out in a stakes next out and wins he will be dropped to not worth playing. I want the 100-1 on him and not scared to lay the cash down. Have you made a future wager on him as of this date?

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    No, i haven't bet any Derby futures as of yet. With the exception of maybe a flyer or two at huge prices, i don't get involved this early.

Also, with respect to the prices being offered, 100/1 does sound large but still you have to balance that with the chance of actually winning. Which in most (all?) cases is going to be higher than 100/1 right now. As time goes on, and the race gets closers, obviously the chances of certain horses can increase dramatically, but you really can't assume anything this early. As for Winslow Homer, at least he owns a two-turn win at this time (and a very impressive one, you say). That's a good way to start, for sure. Beyond that, staying healthy and building a graded-earnings bankroll are the other key components. You've gotta make it to the race before you can win it.

Can i do it for you? I don't know. As i mentioned before, i wouldn't feel comfortable having someone that i don't really know sending me money to hold and/or make bets for them. But since we've known each other for several years now (at least online), perhaps i can make an exception in your case. Again, i don't know. We'll have to talk about it via email or on the phone or something. Whatever the case, i wish you luck with the horse. I'm sure we'll be following his progress here as HRT as we begin our journey down the Derby Trail.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    I would greatly appreciate it and it would save me the funds from flying out there and staying at a hotel and losing a load of money. All I have to do send the funds via any source, you get the wager down for me and mail me the tickets. Also I would throw you a bone for your aggrevation in doing this for me.

fb