Interesting winner @ Aqueduct today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
In Race 3, the Pletcher firster Golden Galleon won a maiden race going away by about 2.5 lengths. That one had worked twice from the gate with an unraced horse named Black Pen, who actually outworked Golden Galleon in one of those drills. Keep your eyes open for Black Pen.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Even more interesting.....it seems that Black Pen (a Tiznow colt out of Exotic Elegance) is closely related to the sensational filly Exotic Wood.

from the Bloodhorse site a few years ago:

The top price for a mare on the day was $580,000 for Exotic Elegance, a 5-year-old daughter of Storm Cat carrying her first foal, by Tiznow. Exotic Elegance, a winner of two races, is out of the multiple grade I winning Rahy mare Exotic Wood.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    In Race 3, the Pletcher firster Golden Galleon won a maiden race going away by about 2.5 lengths. That one had worked twice from the gate with an unraced horse named Black Pen, who actually outworked Golden Galleon in one of those drills. Keep your eyes open for Black Pen.

I played Victoria Lynn and I think that one is worth a playback next time out. Won't be 5-1 though.

fb