Interesting entrant @ Fair Grounds today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
There's an interesting first-time starter in Race 4, a 2yo homebred filly named White Satin who's trained by Albert Stall. What caught my eye was the dam's name, as she's out of a filly i used to follow a very long time ago named Penny Marie (trained by Bob Hess, i believe). Penny Marie was a gray filly who won her debut super-duper-impressively. What i also found pretty cool is that White Satin is a gray filly just like her mother, so who knows, the apple may not have fallen far from the tree. If that's the case, this filly could be plenty live, as Albert Stall has always been very capable with firsters. Also of note is that the jockey (Agilar) has won 2-of-5 races for Stall for over a 200% flat-bet profit. Not sure if i'll be playing this horse because i failed to come up with any relevant information on her, and it doesn't help that she's breaking from the 10-hole going 5.5 furlongs. Plus the race is on the turf course, which has tighter turns in case she's caught wide. But @ 10/1 morning line, it's definitely worth mentioning. She wouldn't be a huge shock.

Comments