Hey King...

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Just wondering how the rescheduled Apple Blossom date affects all those tickets you purchased last week?

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    we own a business here in town, so April 3rd will be "company day at the races" instead of the big matchup. tickets for that day were only 4.50, so i only am down $100. making the employees happy might actually benefit me more anyways. lol
    anyway, the tickets for april 9 are only 2.50 and they put the limit at 10 this time. thank goodness oaklawn has cheap seats. scary thing is that they could charge $25 per if they wanted to for this race. the announced the big deal yesterday at 12:30 and as of today they had sold completely out by 1:30. 50,000 gobbled up in a heartbeat.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    That sucks. I was thinking they should honor the tickets on the subsequent date. Looks like moving the race back is going to benefit Oaklawn by all those extra seats they sold, if nothing else.

Any word on why they moved it to Friday, instead of Saturday or Sunday? I guess maybe they didn't want to upstage the Arkansas Derby, which i understand is scheduled for that Saturday.