Discreetly Mine headed for the Louisiana Derby

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Neat to see this horse on the Derby Trail...

from NOLA.com:

Trainer Todd Pletcher said Sunday from Florida that Discreetly Mine, who won the Risen Star on Star on Saturday, likely would return to the Fair Grounds for the Louisiana Derby on March 27.

“I would say that’s the most likely scenario, the most logical one,’’ Pletcher said.

Discreetly Mine came out of the Risen Star in good shape, assistant trainer Ginny DePasquale said Sunday at the Fair Grounds. The colt is scheduled to leave for Palm Meadows in Florida on Monday.

Pletcher has a strong group of 3-year-olds this year. He won the Fountain of Youth with Eskendereya on Saturday at Gulfstream Park and trains Super Saver, who hasn’t raced since winning the Kentucky Jockey Club in November at Churchill Downs.

“This could be our best shot this year, if they make it there and get luck in the race,’’ DePasquale said.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    he is loaded with horses...dont think discreetly mine is on his 1st tier but he did benefit from the slow pace to pull out the risen star....i still like the race stay put ran and all of the ground he made up..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Tend to agree on Discreetly Mine, but his jockey said after the race that he wasn't even getting tired towards the finish. I'm also pretty sure his mom (Pretty Discreet) won the Alabama @ 1 1/4 miles. HIs brother certainly had no trouble up to the UAE Derby distance of 1 1/8 miles. I'm still pissed off that he never shipped for the Derby. Had a big future ticket on him @ 75/1 that year.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    i loved his brother...but with this guy he looks better going going shorter...i would expect nothing else to come out the jockeys mouth because he wants a derby mount....