Rachel Alexandra

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Rachel Alexandra normally works around 6:30 a.m., but concerns about the weather and track condition following the previous night’s heavy rains prompted Asmussen and Fair Grounds vice president and general manager Eric Halstrom to devise an alternative scenario to provide the best possible conditions for Rachel Alexandra. Asmussen and Halstrom originally came to an agreement that would allow Rachel Alexandra to work in the afternoon to give the track surface more time to dry, but the track proved to be dry by the morning.

“I can’t say enough about what the Fair Grounds has done,” Asmussen said. “A big thank you to Fair Grounds for allowing us to get this in. We’re still on course for the New Orleans Ladies, and we’ll need to get something out of that to move forward

The bolded statement above from the Assman is alarming as I really don't think you will see Rachel in the gate at Oaklawn on the 9th. He is already crawfishing!!!!

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I agree, it does seem like a pretty strange quote. I still can't really see them passing on the race, especially with all the money involved, and the simple fact that it would be plenty embarrassing for the Rachel camp if they pull out. Especially after they've already gotten Oaklawn to push the date back.

Let's take kind of an informal poll here. What do yo think the odds will be on raceday? I realize it's hard to speculate without knowing how large the field will be, or who else will be involved, but let's try to get a consensus.

I'm thinkng Rachel goes favored at about 4/5 or even-money, with Zenyatta maybe 6/5 or 7/5. That would be in a small field with none of the others taking any kind of signifigant money.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I think they will make every attempt to run in the Apple Blossom since they have been catered to by Oaklawn. Rachel. What you think of Zardana running against Rachel and is this her 1st race on real dirt. I cannot remember.

fb
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i agree with you that they will do everything they can to get there. i hope for horse racing's sake they do!
    edited March 2010
    Zardana has run on the main, but not real dirt. Not here in the States, anyway. If memory serves, she's from Brazil, and likely would've run on dirt there.
  • phillyboyphillyboy Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    i dont care about the field size Zenyatta takes care of Racheal and any other horse tha entires
    edited March 2010
    Zardana just beat Rachel...........
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    LOL hows Oaklawn feeling about now
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    she is not the same horse....we all saw this in the works....i dont want to hear no excuses cause the trip was there and only had to beat 4 horses and she should have won