Wipe Your Ass with Beyer Figures

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I was just looking over the future pp's and looks at the Beyere posted for two of the races with drf track variant.

Race 3

RADIOHEAD 1:35.4 with a track variant of 89-17 gets a Beyer of 94

Race 8

AMEN HALLELUJAH 1:37 with a track variant of 83-17 gets a Beyer of 100

This amazes me each and everyday the faith handicappers put into Beyer #'s. These speed numbers are a afterthought in today's handicapping. Just last year they were so displeased with there sticky stuff numbers they adjusted them all upward by type of race. How much did Beyer sell this junk to DRF?

I wonder what Miners Reserve got in his race as it was the fastest of the meet at the mile.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Exactly. I think what may have happened here is that the Radiohead race was an allowance, while Amen Hallelujah was a stakes. But regardless of that, Radiohead clearly ran faster (as did Miner's Reserve). Pretty much shows you how much emphasis you should be putting on Beyers.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Exactly. I think what may have happened here is that the Radiohead race was an allowance, while Amen Hallelujah was a stakes. But regardless of that, Radiohead clearly ran faster (as did Miner's Reserve). Pretty much shows you how much emphasis you should be putting on Beyers.

Miners Reserve also received a 94!!!

fb