opinion on yesterday..

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
yesterday in the blind luck race what do you think of the ride that blind luck got...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Here are my thoughts, which i posted in the other threead yesterday:

Just went back and looked at the replay, because during the race i had been focused in on my pick Crisp (sweet). Have to disagree with you here. Blind Luck ran a very nice race, as usual, but in this case i think she simply gave away too much ground early, and was left with too much to do. The rider (Bejarano) had her in the clear for most of the race, but then opted to steer her inside for the stretch run, for reasons i really don't understand. As a result of that, she was lacking a bit room in the late stages, but she was still a couple of lengths behind at that point and it's not like she was really impeded in any kind of major way. She definitely didn't get "shut off" as you mentioned in your post. Would she have gotten there with a clear run on the outside? I don't know, maybe. It would've been close either way. Bottom line, she's a very nice filly but her reputation had gottena little bit out of hand. She was a gigantic underlay, not only today but also in the Las Virgenes. Crisp is no pushover, and she proved that today.

Incidentally, i was very impressed with the second-place finisher All Due Respect, who was shipping in from the Midwest after being acquired by Kathy Walsh. How that lady gets these type horses to improve so dramaticall is anyone;s guess (we touched on that subject here yesterday), but All Due Respect was incredibly game on the lead here and just didn't want to let Crisp get by. Watching the race i though Crisp had her pretty much whenever she wanted, but All Due Respect really dug-in and was nearly able to hold her off. They even engaged in some bumping, it looked like. Fantastic effort by that one to just miss at the wire.