Blind Luck to the Fantasy

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I just heard Blind Luck will ship to Oaklawn for the fantasy.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Interesting, thanks.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i'll take it
    edited March 2010
    Hey King, what'd you do??? I've never seen so many high-profile animals headed to Oaklawn before....
    edited March 2010
    Btw, i noticed a horse named Silver Goblin the other day. Thought that was kinda weird.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    they have had some high named horses there recently....ra. curlin, summer bird...i guess trainers love the track..
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    the rejuvination of oaklawn came in the 100th year with smarty jones... that set the ball rolling... fast. afleet alex the next year, then you had lawyer ron, zenyatta, rachel, and curlin. i think the thing that has bode really well for oaklawn was the west coast horses coming here for their path to the ky derby. gayego, papa clem, and zenyatta opened the door for the west coast horses. a lot lot lot of the trainers like the spacing between the races leading up to the triple crown. kind of one of the things right now that i know we are very spoiled with. baffert quit bringing horses here because he wasn't getting the royal treatment that he thought he deserved. he claimed that oaklawn rolled out the red carpet for cella owned horse trainers and didn't pay attention to him. he is over that now and with the state of california racing there is going to be a max exodus out of california... see philadelphia park already. the weather here in the spring is just about perfect right now and the fishing is getting good this time of year (so calvin and jockey joe claim). purse increases 3 or 4 times in the last year have really attracted some attention as well. when all of the headlines say FG reducing purses or santa anita cutting stakes races while you can read an article at the same time about oaklawn raising purses. while not at the same level as gulfstream or saratoga purse-wise the racing is similar. i think it basically has boiled down to weather, success in recent years, and the love for horse racing that hot springs shows. i think 3 of the last 5 years the arkansas derby has drawn over 70,000 people. i expect 30-35,000 this weekend and that also bodes well in the minds of the big timers. all of this stems from one main cause... smarty jones... he put oaklawn back on the map. the gaming has really added a new element to the purses as well. btw, i heard a figure of the official estimation of how much money the apple blossom weekend will bring to the city of hot springs... 50 million... Gosh, i hopes this happens.

sad thing is that all good things come to an end. who will be the next track to take over oaklawns spot as this medium sized track with abnormally huge success?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Got word today and she is shipping in unless something goes wrong.

fb
    edited April 2010
    Can't imagine Blind Luck will offer any kind of price in a 4-horse field, but she IS showing a last-race Beyer of 81 while the Lukas trainee Tidal Pool is showing a 101 Beyer last time out. Not to mention the Jones trainee No Such Word coming off a 92 in her Honeybee win over Beautician.

I'll still believe it when i see it, but it's worth taking note of here...