King I'm coming to Hot Springs

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Just booked my condo today and I'm working on purchasing a box for Apple Blossom Day and Ark Derby day. I havent broke the news to my wife as of now, but I took her to the Super Bowl and I'm taking her to the Ky Derby I shold be able to pull this off. I will let you know which box I get and the section it's in. Looking forward to putting a face with a screen name. I can tell you one thing all this traveling is killing my bankroll. I need a big day this Saturday and two Saturdays from on La. Derby Day. I will post pics of Rachel if I'm able to get into the paddock this week from the FG. I think I can pull it off.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself, FB. Good luck at the track on those days...
    edited March 2010
    Btw, Zenyatta is down to +105 in that prop.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I wish I would of been able to grab that +140. Lady Zen should win that race, there will be pressure on RA from the start. Baffert is sending Freedom Start to the Apple off her win last week at Oaklawn in the Azeri.

fb
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Fb Let Me Know Where You Are At..allready Got Tables Reserved With The Von Hemels...i'.m Owner /breeder Anyway...they Are Talking 100,000....most I've Seen Up Here Is 89,000.....it Will Be Pretty Festive
    just Stay Off The First Floor..
    Husker 70
    edited March 2010
    husker70 wrote: »
    Fb Let Me Know Where You Are At..allready Got Tables Reserved With The Von Hemels...i'.m Owner /breeder Anyway...they Are Talking 100,000....most I've Seen Up Here Is 89,000.....it Will Be Pretty Festive
    just Stay Off The First Floor..
    Husker 70

I have tried to purchase two boxes from different people and they are out of there mind on the prices. They want more for these boxes than I payed for Super Bowl tickets..

fb
    edited March 2010
    It was never +140. Rachel opened at -140, with Zenyatta @ +110. The highest i've seen on Zenyatta since the prop opened has been +120.
    edited March 2010
    It was never +140. Rachel opened at -140, with Zenyatta @ +110. The highest i've seen on Zenyatta since the prop opened has been +120.

My bad I wasn't thinking right. I just received a call from the FG and I will be in the same suite as Jess Jackson and his crew. I will let you all know how it goes back here Sunday morning.
    edited March 2010
    Be sure and wear this...

zenyatta_button_rachel_who-p145895468992374015t5qx_210.jpg
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    nice
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2010

DISCREET.....BETFAIR HAD ZENYATTA @ +131 AT ONE TIME.....THAT'S THE HIGHEST ON THE ENGLISH BOARDS I'VE SEEN.............ITS +109 NOW.....
  • BryanrBryanr Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    Boxes are listed anywhere from $5k to $10k right now. I have one and am thinking of selling it for that kind of money. The fury will start Saturday night if all goes well.
    edited March 2010
    Bryanr wrote: »
    Boxes are listed anywhere from $5k to $10k right now. I have one and am thinking of selling it for that kind of money. The fury will start Saturday night if all goes well.

If someone pays 5k - 10k for a box at Oaklawn with only one legit race on Friday and maybe two legit races on Saturday they are absolut NUTS. I will pay 2k for a 6 seater and I think I'm nuts for doing that This isn't the BC Races or Derby Week.

fb
    edited March 2010
    I'm still waiting to hear about a national tv deal. You would expect there to be one, in some form or fashion.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    espn 2 at 6:00 cst. how sucky is that.... espn 2?!?!? ps: i have free parking passes to all of oaklawn's parking lots for anyone who is coming! let me know how many days you need and i'll give em to ya! I can't wait! saturday night is going to be a massive party if both fillies run well and come out good!
  • ned111858ned111858 Member
    edited March 2010

Im in Dallas all week, then back to Fayetteville before Arkoma Basin next....

I'll let U know....

Help out the traveling folks.....

Bruce Simpson has a Box I know....

Ned
  • ned111858ned111858 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'd be interested in a parkin pass King...

nice of you to offer....

I'd like to come sometime...LOL...

but I'm in Dallas for the Celtics/Mavs game on Saturday...

gotta be on I 30 back and forth between LR and Dallas....this week, plus gotta be in OKC for some meetings.....

too bad about RA....was lookin forward to the Matchup....hope Zenyatttta comes to town...

Nedp