Friday play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 4

#7 Brayden Buddy (8/5)

Brayden Buddy is coming off an improved effort which saw him sitting off very strong fractions for the level, in fact i just checked the other main-track sprints that day (both of which were maiden special weights, as opposed to Brayden Buddy's maiden claiming race), and this race was over a full second faster to the half-mile mark in both cases. There doesn't appear to be any contesting speed in the race here, so Brayden Buddy should be afforded an easy lead here, and he should be turning for home with a nice head-start and plenty of gas left in the tank. It's also possible he may not go favored here, due to the presence of the 9/5 second-choice Warring Heart, a Canani class-dropper with better Beyer Figures than our selection is showing. Both horses should receive a lot of action, but i think Brayden Buddy holds the clear edge here, while the prices figure to be fairly equal. Should offer some value here despite the short morning line.

HRT record:

68 for 241 (28%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thank You ,Good Luck LETS GET MONEY FOR WEEKEND
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Brayden Buddy went off @ 9/5 and ran second by a nose.
  • randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i think that horse should have won ran super bad trip
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Well, he was in front the whole way, but he did lose some ground early while veering out into the middle of the track for some reason. Seeing as how he only lost by a nose on the wire, then yeah, it probably cost him the race.