Rebel Stakes

InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Dublin--- is pumped and ready, has Nakatani and is ready to rock & roll , I don't like Lookin At Lucky at all this is Oaklawn not the plastic shit. $100 WPS--Dublin/all/all--in Tri.:toast:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    well he ran like he needed his last..he just was kinda plotting on home..was never going to get the winner..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I would say that Lookin at Lucky's 3yo debut (not to mention his dirt debut) is one of the more interesting races we'll see this Spring. He's a huge question mark right now, with the belated debut and the rumors that have been swirling around about him (not just here). Have to think he'll be a pretty sizable underlay tomorrow.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    a little heads up to you guys... this track is playing LIGHTNING fast right now! bad horses were working 1:01 and 1:02 this morning and a 24 year old track record was almost broken yesterday in a claiming race (1/5 off the record). friday it played super heavily towards front runners. and i mean big time. it started this trend last weekend, so you might want to look a little more at the speed in each race...
    edited March 2010
    Good info, thanks...
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    My thought is that Lookin At Lucky dosn't need to win to get in. He just needs a good race under him for the big one. So, Dublin on top with Uh Oh Bango, Noble's Promise and Lookin At Lucky onthe back end of Exactas and Exotics. Good Luck Guys I myself will be at Tampa Bay Downs to watch Pletcher/ Dominguez's Super Saver. Oh before I forget. There's a Colt who came down here from Hawthorn to run in a Stakes Race and came up short behind Uptowncharlybrown. I thought he would run in the Derby here, but he not . The Colts name is Big Looie who is entered, today at Hawthorns 3rd race #6 Allowance Race. Just thought I mention that. Again good luck guys.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    cinfront wrote: »
    My thought is that Lookin At Lucky dosn't need to win to get in. He just needs a good race under him for the big one. So, Dublin on top with Uh Oh Bango, Noble's Promise and Lookin At Lucky onthe back end of Exactas and Exotics. Good Luck Guys I myself will be at Tampa Bay Downs to watch Pletcher/ Dominguez's Super Saver. Oh before I forget. There's a Colt who came down here from Hawthorn to run in a Stakes Race and came up short behind Uptowncharlybrown. I thought he would run in the Derby here, but he not . The Colts name is Big Looie who is entered, today at Hawthorns 3rd race #6 Allowance Race. Just thought I mention that. Again good luck guys.

I saw Big Looie at Haw and looks like a single in that race. I'm real heavy on Cuff Me in the Fla. Oaks today and I love the Big O in the Tampa Bay Derby. Lookin At Lucky is fine, don't listen to all the rumors. But I can tell you one thing for sure Baffert is a high on Convenyce as Lucky at this point of the year. Dublin wold of never go by Conenyce go watch the replay and Baffert told me this horse hasn't ran his best race on dirt yer. Martin Garcia won his first Big Cap in his first apperance and he might do it with Convenyce in the Derby. With all the rumors and all the hype on Dublin last race they will be co-favorites in he Rebel today IMO.

fb
    edited March 2010
    king, all of these tracks when they have a huge race they tighten the track up like its concrete and you get blazing times...i cant wait to see the race and final time..
    edited March 2010
    I'm staying away from the Rebel today. I was taking a pretty hard look at Noble's Promise (looks like he outworked the nice filly Beautician in preparation for this), but i decided to pass. Just too much of an unknown coming off the layoff here at a semi-short price, and of course Lookin at Lucky has beaten him two straight. Good luck to all you guys who are playing the race.

Btw, the one thing that stands out to me here (based on their relative finish last time) is how the hell Dublin can be 3/1 ml while Cardiff Giant is listed at 15/1. Very similar to the Southwest, where Conveyance went off as a heavy favorite, and Cardiff Giant went off 25/1. That horse just gets no respect.
    edited March 2010
    i think lookin at lucky will win this race...baffert can do no wrong right now..by the way they have been talking about dublin he might go fav...
    edited March 2010
    dublin just plotted along like in his last and luck had all of the trouble and just was the best horse on the track today....baffert knows what he has..the horse got cut off and basically hopped coming down the back....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Watched the replay a few times and it didnt look like the horse got cut off. Maybe a bad step. Hopefully the horse is ok. . As for Dublin not really any excuses maybe he was wide most of the race but other than that no excuses. Note Afeet Alex ran a dud in the Rebel to come back and run a monster in his next. Maybe lightening strikes twices!
    edited March 2010
    yea thats what i thought about lucky was a bad step but all of the annoucers said he got cut off..dublin had no excuses and he ran his race...makes a bid but then flattens out...i just dont think this horse is as good as people think...