Borel Quotes

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
My little filly tried hard," Borel said. "She needed the race, that's all. She needed the race more than anything. I wanted to let her run her race early but they wanted me to wait. I wanted to go on past the speed horse early (Fighter Wing). I'd have got by her anytime and my filly could have gone on but they wanted me to wait and not get into her until the sixteenth pole.

"You know how I know she's a real racehorse? She was beat when that other horse went by her -- but she didn't quit. She dug in and fought right back and stayed with the winner the rest of the way. That's the kind of racehorse she is. My little filly tried her heart out. She ran hard. She got tired and we needed a race. Now we got a race into her and look forward to the next one. As long as she comes back good I think we'll be alright.

"She was a little rank but going that slow she's going to be rank. I was just trying to save her for the end and have something to finish with. She just got a little tired. I guess I tried to sit on her a little bit longer than I wanted to and it kind of took a bit out of her. Other than that, though, she needed it. She was so tired when I pulled her up. We're shooting for a goal, though, and win, lose or draw, that's the goal we're shooting for. After today you'll see a different filly."

( Reading these quotes I think something is going on with this camp and you might see another jock on her (Robby A) next time out or a latter date)

fb

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    they never wanted borel on her anyway..i also agree that they will probably be another jock on her next out.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I found Borel's post-race quotes to be very odd, and very un-Borel-like. He's usually very professional, and goes out of his way to thank the connections for the opportunity to ride the horse (win or lose).

But here it seemed like he went out of his way to call out Asmussen, and put the blame on his shoulders. As you say, there must be something going on behind the scenes. Something that must've pissed Borel off quite a bit...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    its funny because he completely blamed both him and jackson for the placing of her during the race..he said he would of put her on the front and he was told not to....it is rare because borel never does that to the connections....
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    borel and assman do not like eachother.