Horse to Watch: Today FG R7

horses4courseshorses4courses Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
FG R7 #7 Formaggio (4-1ML)

Regally bred, broke maiden on dirt, nice turf pedigree.
Developing too late for the Derby trail, but may have a future ahead of him.

Saw this piece on him at TrackWinners.
Nice pedigree analysis.

Pedigreeman
Claiming Capper Join Date: May 2007
vCash: 2500

Re: 2010 Kentucky Derby

A very powerful youngster who should do well on the classics trivail this season is Formaggio a dark bay by Dynaformer x Garden Spot x Danzig - this is a potent pedigree and Formaggio is being carefully hidden from the media and lookey-lous in the swamps of Louisiana- his dosgae reads 9-6-27-1-1 which in this age is a royal equation-

his bottom line is top of the line stemming from ultra well heeled matron Fashion Verdict whose dosgae read 40-2-9-3-6!! and she is ancestress to Mineshaft if memory serves herein-

Formaggio's broodmare sire array of Danzig>Mr. Prospector>Herbager>Court Martial is a seemingly flawless stew of speed and determination with Herbager adding the love for distance which the Son-In Laws exibted over the 20th century- Formaggio is inbred to Nashua daughters and Native Dancer thru a son and a daughter- and if I'm not in error didn't both Dynaformer and Danzig sire classic winners!

the female line is thru La Troienne's daughter Baby League-herself dam of Busher and Striking as well Formaggios 6th dam as she was to champion Mineshaft-....Monoshee Mountain is recollected as a typical style hoss from the Fashion Verdict assembly line-

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Interesting colt, i looked at him a bit last night. As you mention, he's extremely well-bred for the grass, b ut the time of his maiden win was very slow. He was also shifting in-and-out very badly thru the stretch run (see the video below). On the plus side, the horse who finished right behind him (Mr. Mardi Gras) returned to win his next start. Not quite sure how good this horse is, and i think he'll take a good bnit of money today. so i passed the race. Wouldn't be surprised if he wins, though...

Here's the video of his maiden win, Formaggio is the #12 horse:

YouTube - FAIR GROUNDS, 2010-01-25, Race 8