Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    scared of that monster radiohead....lol...he probably dont want to run him on that concrete surface
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    It seems like trainers nowadays are more concerned with simply getting their horse in the starting gate, as opposed to preparing them to actually win the damn thing. Take Lookin at Lucky and Noble's Promise for example. They're already set on earnings, so they each made their 3yo debuts in mid-March, and are only going to run once more before the Derby. And i just read that Odysseus may go straight into the Derby now off that nose win in the Tampa Bay Derby on Saturday. Homeboykris is reportedly heading straight into the Derby after running a distant second to Radiohead in that allowance race. The whole thing has gotten pretty ridiculous.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    It seems like trainers nowadays are more concerned with simply getting their horse in the starting gate, as opposed to preparing them to actually win the damn thing. Take Lookin at Lucky and Noble's Promise for example. They're already set on earnings, so they each made their 3yo debuts in mid-March, and are only going to run once more before the Derby. And i just read that Odysseus may go straight into the Derby now off that nose win in the Tampa Bay Derby on Saturday. Homeboykris is reportedly heading straight into the Derby after running a distant second to Radiohead in that allowance race. The whole thing has gotten pretty ridiculous.

Agreed
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    i agree because everyone seems to be scared about injuries but in my opinion if it is not meant to be then its not.. Well now al you have to do is win the delta jackpot and your in...crazy huh...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Funny you mention the Delta Jackpot, because the winner of that race (Rule) ran once at Tampa this year, and will now almost assuredly head straight to the Derby after running in the Florida Derby (I assume that's where he's headed), even if he runs poorly in that race. Speaking of which, I'm glad Pletcher has re-directed Eskendereya to the Wood, because that should ensure a pretty good price on Awesome Act.