Friday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 4

#4 Perfect Rah (10/1 ml)

Back on March 7, there was a two-turn maiden race on grass for 3yo fillies. One of the entrants was a Roger Attfield trainee named Perfect Shirl, who incidentally is a half-sister to a big turf star from a few years ago named Shakespeare. Attfield also happened to be an incredible 4-for-7 with first-time starters going a mile-or-longer, so obviously i had some interest in the horse as i was handicapping the race (though I ended up picking Won Hot Kitty). The way the race unfolded, Perfect Shirl was racing along the rail from several lengths off the pace, then came turning for home while seemingly full of run, but she was unfortunate to be trapped behind horses. As a result of that, she was never able to threaten the runaway winner, but she did quicken very noticeably once finally getting an opening, surging late to take second. Very well might have won the race (or at least made it close) with a better trip.

The reason that's relevant here is that while handicapping the race, i noticed that Perfect Shirl had worked heads-up SIX TIMES IN A ROW with Perfect Rah. That being the case, i expected Perfect Rah to be entered in a similar grass event very soon, and though it's a bit later than expected, sure enough Perfect Rah has been entered here in a $50,000 maiden claimer at a mile on grass. Looks very live here considering how well Perfect Shirl ran, and should be offering a great price as well.

HRT record:

68 for 242 (28%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    roger has great numbers and perfect rah seems to be working nice..another firster is true believer who is trained by clement who might have this one cranked to strike first out..the horse you have to watch is blazing honor due to cutting back to a mile and droppping back to 50 and also should sit the trip in here...13-1 5mtp...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Broke slow and never threatened.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    the only thing with that tarck is the rail is at 60 ft....its made for front runners..