A little Help?

PokerDud-EPokerDud-E Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm reading everyone's advice on here, but the sport is so new to me that I just can't analyze the races myself yet. I referred to this website in an earlier post, e-Ponies.com - Racing Picks , not sure if anyone is familiar with it. It seems to be very informative, and has been helpful to me to this point. My question is which of these figures should I be paying more attention to? Discreet cat has already mentioned that pace analysis, which is not available on these charts, is very important; and that speed figures are not as important. If anyone has a chance to look at this website and tell me which information I should be valuing, and what I should overlook. I am trying to learn as much as possible; I might be on the wrong track to get there, but whatever I can learn is good. Thank You.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Like I said, I don't use computer programs, but the layout looks similar to something I've seen before (many years ago). In order to use the figures, you would first need to be familiar with the numerical system they're based on, otherwise they're just numbers. I would also question what time frame they're based on, be it a conjunction of races or just a horse's last start. And part of the problem there is that the most relevant line in the PP's may not be a horse's last start, and it wouldn't be something that should be watered down by including it in an average of the last 3 races (or whatever).