KDFW coming this weekend - plan accordingly

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
The final round of the pari-mutuel Derby futures is this weekend, accompanied of course by the ultra-short morning lines. For that reason, I decided to take 25/1 on Awesome Act tonight (which I think is a decent price), because I know he's gonna be listed @10/1 or thereabouts and all the hotels are gonna start slashing prices as soon as they see that (which I believe happens tomorrow). Unfortunately, I was too late (at least at the place I went to), as Awesome Act had already been cut nearly in half down to 15/1. While I was there, I also checked the price on Sidney's Candy, and he too had been cut in half (from 20/1 down to 10/1). So if any of you guys are either in Vegas, or betting offshore, and are considering placing a Derby future wager, I would strongly consider doing so as soon as possible, for the reason mentioned above. As long as you feel the current price offers some value, of course. Just because a horse is listed (or is about to be listed) @ 10/1, it doesn't necessarily mean that he offers value @ 20/1 or 30/1 or even higher.

Comments

• husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Discreet---action Overseas Has Sidneys Candy @ 8-1 @ Betfair....interesting.....