Oaklawn Tidbits

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
today, friday, my biggest bet of the day will be on Goforitmrsmiller in the 5th. Freddie said in the mornings he has been pulling him all around the race track... he said he should win against the weak field. he said the only other horse that has a shot is the von hemel horse.

Also, freddie was going to leave our meet early to go up and ride Lukas' Decelerator in the Ashland on the 2nd, but Wayne decided to run him the 3rd in different race... Instead of driving up to keeneland that day he is staying to ride Missippi Martini. He won on this one last time out and that is all he is staying for. He will get other mounts but he is staying here instead of going to the opening of Keeneland to ride this horse.

Also, talked to McPeek's assistant... he said go bet Beautician in the Oaks future pool... He said she hadn't truly got close to training before her last race which was a loss, and they honestly think that she is the best 3 yo filly in the US. If they have Oaks exacta pool i think i am going to box beautician and Blind Luck. FWIW- oh also another thing, freddie is flying out after the fifth tomorrow to go to gulfstream and ride saturday. He is getting on a horse he won two allowance races on at churchill this last fall, Bearpath. Bearpath finished 3rd or 4th behind Precious Passion a couple weeks ago, but Wilkes is flying him down to ride this race. FWIW

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Good Work!!!

fb
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    King-

thx for the info..Bearpath just pd 40.80 15.60 and 9...

:thumbup::thumbup:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Nice little tidbit on Bearpath, King! Hope you bet him...

LOL @ McPeek's assistant telling you to go bet Beuatician in the Oaks future, however. The one-and-only Oaks Future Wager closed several weeks ago. You would think he'd have known that.

Incidentally, they don't even have an Oaks future book in Vegas anymore...
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to pick freddie up from the airport in little rock in the morning about 9:30. talked to him a couple times after the race... at first i think he was in shock. i asked "are you excited?!?" and he said, "yea i guess, its just another race"

i then said "ANOTHER race?!?! that was a stakes race at GULFSTREAM and you are an APPRENTICE! if it was another race then come back and ride a older female arky bred maiden race!"

he then admitted he was excited!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Also, talked to McPeek's assistant... he said go bet Beautician in the Oaks future pool... He said she hadn't truly got close to training before her last race which was a loss, and they honestly think that she is the best 3 yo filly in the US. If they have Oaks exacta pool i think i am going to box beautician and Blind Luck.

Hey King, you probably already know this, but Beautician is entered in the Ashland Stakes @ Keeneland today.
  • ned111858ned111858 Member
    edited April 2010
    Having a Woman drive down from Fayetteville, guess it's a Date....fwiw...

But I'l be wearing my Saints Hat and a Razorback shirt

shorts and tennis shoes since its going to be such a beautiful day in HS...

479 601 2210 to text or call

thx

Nedp

plus I'm an old fart who still thinks He can play Saturdays in the Fall....LMFAO....