Santa Anita Derby M.L.

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
1. Posse Power (50-1)

2. Thomas Baines (50-1)

3. Who’s Up (20-1)

4. Sidney’s Candy (3-1)

5. Setsuko (20-1) - worst m.l. I have seem in quit a while. He will be nowhere near that entering the gate IMO.

6. Caracortado (5-1)

7. Lookin At Lucky (4-5) - Won't win the S.A. Derby!!

8. Cardiff Giant (30-1)

9. Skipshot (15-1)

10. Alphie’s Bet (8-1)

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Going with Skipshot
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    20/1 on Setsuko? Wow.

Alphie's Bet isn't getting much respect either @ 8/1. He's coming off a very strong effort in the Sham, and would be no surprise.

Where's Interactif???
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    20/1 on Setsuko? Wow.

Alphie's Bet isn't getting much respect either @ 8/1. He's coming off a very strong effort in the Sham, and would be no surprise.

Where's Interactif???

Bluegrass
    edited April 2010
    I'm surprised Pletcher would re-direct Interactif to Keeneland, considerinbg how well he ran @ Santa Anita last time out. Especially when he already had Aikenite pointing to the Blue Grass. But i guess it does figure to be a much softer field.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Keeneland looks to be a big purse, with a small weak field so the move actually makes some sense to me. Last I heard, there were only 6-7 horses pointing toward the race and they dont measure up to Lookin at Lucky, Sidney's Candy, etc from the SA Derby. With graded earnings a big concern its prolly the smart move.

As for Aikenite, not Derby material IMO. I'll be the first to admit I loved this horse as a 2yo and still thought he'd mature and become a great 3yo. He's had his chances and just flat out isnt good enough in my eyes.
    edited April 2010
    I agree regarding Aikenite, but he did run his career-best over the Keeneland polytrack last fall. Wouldn't be surprised if he runs well in the Blue Grass.