The first 2yo race of the year happens today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1 @ Keeneland

At least, it's the first one i've seen. Generally Santa Anita has had a few of those 2-furlong dashes by now, but not this year i guess.

Anyway, i took a look at the Keeneland race of course, but couldn't find anything too noteworthy. Asmussen has been working his Keeneland 2yo's way down South @ Sam Houston, as he generally does. Ward has shipped in from Florida, as he made a habit of doing last year. Looks like one of those (he's starting an entry today) will be scratched, as Velazquez was named on both horses.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Im so excited Keeneland and baby racing begins.
    If I didnt have to hand in a brief today I'd be skipping class to enjoy the card :thumbup:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    You have a lifetime to write briefs(trust me i know) but opening day at Keeneland only comes around twice a year. My advise, run don"t walk to the track, and load up on the W. Ward 2yo in the first.
    edited April 2010
    You have a lifetime to write briefs(trust me i know) but opening day at Keeneland only comes around twice a year. My advise, run don"t walk to the track, and load up on the W. Ward 2yo in the first.

haha do we have an attorney on the board?
    This Appellate Brief is 60% of my grade and is due Monday. Handing it in today gives me the opportunity to go to the Illinois Derby tomorrow and enjoy Easter w/ the family Sunday :drinking:

Maybe I'll skip Property and head home early for the second half of the card :yes:
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I feel your pain on the school work today flyinlate! Some days should be holidays and this is one of them. BC friday should be another.
    edited April 2010
    I feel your pain on the school work today flyinlate! Some days should be holidays and this is one of them. BC friday should be another.

Agreed :thumbup:
    My finals fall OVER Derby weekend this year, its awful.
    First time in three years I wont be there.
    Decided I'll be going to the BC at CD this year no matter what, teachers are going to have to make it work :drinking: