KY Bluegrass M/L (wtf?)

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
$750,000 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I, Race 10, 5:30 p.m. EST), 3YO, 1 1/8 Miles (Polytrack)
PP, Horse, Jockey, Morning-line odds, Trainer
1. Odysseus (KY), R. Maragh, 7-2, T. Albertrani
2. First Dude (FL), R. Dominguez, 8-1, D. Romans
3. Stately Victor (KY) , A. Garcia, 30-1, M. Maker
4. Make Music for Me (KY), M. Smith, 6-1, A. Barba
5. Codoy (KY), J. Velazquez, 30-1, M. Hubley
6. Pleasant Prince (FL), J. Leparoux, 3-1, W. Ward
7. Paddy O’Prado (KY) , K. Desormeaux, 10-1, D. Romans
8. Aikenite (FL), G. Gomez, 4-1, T. Pletcher
9. Interactif (KY), R. Bejarano, 4-1, T. Pletcher
All horses carry 123 pounds

How in the living hell is Pleasant Prince the favorite? A 2nd to a pitiful field in the FL Derby earns him the morning line favorite? I'll pass.

There are three I'll be watching here closely:
Make Music for Me - Loved his last, this one's putting it together, finally running up to what he was expected to run like.
First Dude - Rewatch the FL Derby, this one got jarred around pretty bad on rail and still came on a bit late. With a cleaner trip, may be one to reckon with at nice price.
Odysseus - Loved this one going into TB Derby, still like him here.

IMO Odysseus or Interactif will go off favorerd, not Pleasant Prince (I see him 3rd/4th choice).
Off top of my head I like the three above and Interactif, gonna have to work some wagers out somehow.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I liked Make Music For Me quite a bit in the Keeneland Breeders Futurity last fall, and he flamed. Not sure he cares for the surface here.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    here is omething funny.....wesley ward did not expect his colt to run much fl. derby day because he was wearing slippers...never thought his horse had a shot and now he is favorite...I dont have a opinion in the race but i would like to see how interactif is going to come back..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I think Aikenite rolls here
    edited April 2010
    the word is that late runners that got hit but the front runner bias at gulfstream are improving through the roof at keeneland on the main and on turf...,.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Not surewhat it is but I always liked this hrose
    edited April 2010
    yeah i understand that...i always have horses that i cant stand but they win..thats why im so high on looking at lucky because he is just one of them horses..einstein was another horse in which i didnt like but he always won...