Need some help on a replay

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
If you guys can do me a favor, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the second race from Santa Anita today. Pay special attention to the slo-mo closeup at the end, and tell me what you think about it.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    If you guys can do me a favor, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the second race from Santa Anita today. Pay special attention to the slo-mo closeup at the end, and tell me what you think about it.

Was the #9's head hitting Silvio in the elbow? Lotta bumping and grinding.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I do think the 1 was lugging out through deep stretch and somewhat impeding the 9 (thought there might be an inquiry), but that's not what i was talking about. Waiting to hear some more opinions. If you want to take another look at it, observe the reins on the 9 as they approach the wire (most visible on the slo-mo closeup at the end of the replay). Then maybe go back and look at the race again as a whole. I might be seeing something that's not there, i dunno.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    sorry cant see the replay...
    edited April 2010
    Ray, you don't have a CalRacing account?
    edited April 2010
    no i forgot that site after my racereplay.com membership expire.....whats the website.......
    edited April 2010
    CalRacing.com

It's free to register, and they offer free replays of all the California races (and then some, if you type the name of horse into the search feature).
    edited April 2010
    thank you.....forgot that site..
    edited April 2010
    it was close cause the 9 came all the way over and then the 1 pushed him back out... they were close at the end so i would say they need to atleast look at it....did they do that or they didnt even look at it..
    edited April 2010
    You're right, the 9 was definitely coming in early, and the 1 looked like he was lugging out late and probably impeded the 9 to a pretty good extent. There was no inquiry. What I was getting at however is that it looked to me like Pedroza (aboard the 9) was yanking back on the reins near the wire. While that might've been caused by the 1 lugging out on him and getting in his way, it wasn't a "checking" kind of yank. And he did it like three straight times right at the wire. I can't even imagine there was any funny business going on, but that's kind of what it looked like, I thought. It also seemed like throughout the race, Pedroza had the horse pretty much in hand, fine most of the time but not really fine in a 2-furlong dash. I just got a very strange impression of his effort there. It might very well have been caused by the lugging (both early and late), but I don't know. Just looked strange, I thought. That's why I wanted to get some other opinions before I said anything.
    edited April 2010
    when i watched it again it looked like he did that after the wire....but you have to watch out for them connection who won that race because they are winning at big prices..
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Obvious he didn't want to win that race the stewards should look at that, but maybe on the other hand they don't want too, if I can see it they sure as hell should have.
    edited April 2010
    Heads up, Spark City enter in Hollywood's first.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    That was Pedroza doing a pretty good job of averting disaster........as you know, not allowed to race with whips in those races. If he had one, he would have went left handed there and probably won the race. Had to do the only thing he could do to keep that horse from coming in on the #1.
    edited April 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Heads up, Spark City enter in Hollywood's first.

Shot out to the front like a rocket, looked like a winner until they hit the last furlong and a half. Started getting a little green and lugging. Faded to fourth.
    edited April 2010
    Really Crick? It looked to me like the other horse was coming out on him late. Kind of a moot point now, but whatever the case, he was pretty rank in that race yesterday. It does seem that he's a little uncontrollable.