new shooter

mikenkimmikenkim Junior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
not a big chalk player,so i like a couple longshots,well at least by the morning line that is..Thursday , Gulfstream park,race 4: Really like the fact that the one has had outside posts in last two and now gets the rail(27% winners) .Thought gave a good account last time before tiring..gets to go longer today which i think will be to its favor... 12-1 ml gotta like that...Also the two horse 2nd lifetime start stretcing out and grass off an even effort in debut,always a dangerous angle and 20-1 ml..gotta like the payoff if you can get it...Going to box 1256 in exacta and hope seven just cant get second...feel he will be overbet and just don't see the value or him winning..HAVE to have some win money on the one and two if they can hold their ml...good luck to all you players,,its a rough business...any derby picks yet?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your plays...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    WELCOME TO THE FORUM.....for the derby maybe awesome act....i dont know where the bluegrass winner pulled that winner from but if he can repeat he couldd be dangerous...a sleeper horse right now is endorsement..robby a. already committed so no nobles promise for him...but he ran a ok race but he had the ideal setup with a horse that dont want to go that far...
  • mikenkimmikenkim Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    thanks man..hope to get some valuable info on here...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Welcome to the board and best of luck with your selections.
    I am on Big E along with a million other people for the derby.
    Gonna wait for some works before I solidify who I'll be using underneath.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    It's a rough business indeed, especially when looking at 4-15-2010 GP race 4. However, you may be on to something in throwing out the #7, looks vul at a short price, and has never showed any late kick at a distance. The #6 is a well thought of colt($130k), but has had a history of minor injuries, yet Pletcher chooses to send him long today, can"t overlook. For some unknown reason, I keep coming back to the #4, who I will use with the 1,4,5, and 6 in a tri box. Just can"t get behind your #2. Nevertheless, good luck to you in a most difficult race to handicap. As far as a Ky. Derby wager, you may consider backwheeling Esken? with the field, as prohibitive favorites seem to always find a way to disappoint.