Keeneland play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Keeneland - Race 9

#8 Perfect Shirl (6/1 ml)

Half-sister to the highly talented turf star Shakespeare looked very good in her debut for Roger Attfield down at Gulfstream, racing inside while several lengths off the pace and then moving up into the lane full of run, but she had nowhere to go and was forced to wait for room. Finally got an opening late and came surging very strongly at the wire to take second, impressive by itself but even more so when you consider that she was debuting around two turns and seemed to be just be getting started at the end of the race. Might have something to do with her breeding, and Attfield has an incredible record with horses debuting at a mile or longer, but whatever the case it definitely bodes well for the stretchout to 1 3/16 miles here. The surface switch is a concern, but she has reportedly looked good training over the polytrack, and we already had a nice winner who was shipping in from a Gulfstream turf race earlier in the meet. Castellano gets on board today, and he's already ridden a winner for Attfield from just two previous mounts, that being a 4/1 shot right here @ Keeneland. Looks very live; should be tough with a better trip and the extra conditioning under her belt.

HRT record:

68 for 246 (28%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    wow your play got hit to 8-5 on first click.....a horse i like is the first time lasix filly out of ghostzapper with that dealy combo of clement and gomez...at 6-1 you cant beat it....maybe hook her with cat's pick for a ex...
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited April 2010
    Time to get her back on the turf after that performance on poly. I dont think being on the pace helped her either. Hopefully we can get a better price next time on the weeds.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    She showed more early speed today, and was sitting in a perfect spot just off the leader in second. At the top of the stretch she just stopped running, no idea what happened. I don't think the pace had any influence at all because the leader kept right on going to win the race.
    edited July 2010
    Heads-up here. This filly is entered in the feature @ Saratoga today, and she's listed @ 15/1 ml. Note that she scored a rousing win when finally returned to the grass last month, so both of her turf efforts have been very strong. Also be aware that her half-brother Shakespeare performed extremely well on the Saratoga grass.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Heads-up here. This filly is entered in the feature @ Saratoga today, and she's listed @ 15/1 ml. Note that she scored a rousing win when finally returned to the grass last month, so both of her turf efforts have been very strong. Also be aware that her half-brother Shakespeare performed extremely well on the Saratoga grass.

Great call as always DC!
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Great Call!!!! I bet it to win and keyed it in a $1ex over all. Caught a 55 to 1 in the 2nd hole.

$1 Ex paid 506. Thanks DC for the biggest Exacta I have ever hit.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    DC: Thanks for the heads up
    edited July 2010
    Perfect Shirl wins @ $20.60
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Nice call had this one in my stable mail from Keenland and missed it today. I hope you scored out big time.

fb
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2010

thank you DC i played 20 to win just got it in but i miss the exacta wow 500 an change for 1buck
    just crazy the 10 was 55/1....
    but i'm happy with the 206 i wish i could of play the exacta 5/all,. i mess up was playingf a bet @DelMar an just got lucky to get the #5 in..... thanks again.,
    :toast:
    edited July 2010
    Big Sartaoga meet for me so far. I had a $27.00 winner on Sunday with Stand Proud, and now a $20 60 winner with Perfect Shirl. The one today was almost sweeter because it made up for the Keeneland race back in April. I knew this filly could run a little.
    edited August 2010
    Bump.
    edited August 2010
    Bump Bump
    :cool2:
    she's back.,,,,, Perfect Shirl running@DMR R9 08/21/10 9.0fur T 3yrF DMrOaks-G1

i have her in pick4 i'm alive @DMR 3rd leg coming up
    edited August 2010
    KP-HR2k9 wrote: »
    Bump Bump
    :cool2:
    she's back.,,,,, Perfect Shirl running@DMR R9 08/21/10 9.0fur T 3yrF DMrOaks-G1

i have her in pick4 i'm alive @DMR 3rd leg coming up
    wow she ran a big1 finish 3rd i got beat by the horse i changed for IT TIZ RRrr:yelling: lol

this was my pk4 .50 Pick-4: 2,3,4,7 / 3,9 / 3,7 / 2,5,13
    edited August 2010
    I thought she ran a big race, finishing third after encountering some traffic.

She actually got bet harder than i expected, going off @ 5/1. I thought perhaps she might be closer to double digits.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I always remember this post since Perfect Shirl got me my first signer last year at the spa...Nice eye DC. Hope you played her today
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited November 2011
    Did DC give her out or give up on her?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    rumple wrote: »
    Did DC give her out or give up on her?

Did you play her or give up on her? I played the best horse in the race and my best longshot of the day and only ran 3rd with Misty For Me, this one fell to the ground on the break and I was suprised the jock didnt come off or just pull her up after that stumble.
    edited November 2011
    fb..misty did run huge..tough trip...
    edited November 2011
    hope you didnt give up on her dc..
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited November 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Did you play her or give up on her? I played the best horse in the race and my best longshot of the day and only ran 3rd with Misty For Me, this one fell to the ground on the break and I was suprised the jock didnt come off or just pull her up after that stumble.

I had Aruna who had a brutal trip,
  • tmffmtmffm Banned
    edited November 2011
    Detori collapsed the race, gutted his horse, and set it up for all the late runners. The only horse I want back out of this race is the 5.
    edited November 2011
    Missed this post earlier.

Yeah, unfortunately, i didn't like Perfect Shirl in the Breeders Cup. I was on the 3yo European filly Nahrain.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Missed this post earlier.

Yeah, unfortunately, i didn't like Perfect Shirl in the Breeders Cup. I was on the 3yo European filly Nahrain.

You and me both.