Info from Churchill Downs

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
This will be short and sweet but here is some info I received first hand yesterday.

Julio Canni is in love with his turfer and was wanting rain big time, they paid a 40K supp fee just to run in this race. He told me this yesterday morining with a huge grin and his bizarre way of humor.

John Sadler love his mare in the Humana Distaff told me don't forget about him on the under card and flat out stated Line Of David despises the slop.

Steve Margolis says PickaPocket will stay in if off the turf and can run well on the slop. He also loves Stay Put in the 1st race.

I personally love Fantasia on the weeds if it stays there and will be using Battle of Hasting with Canni in the turfer before the Derby.

The derby Im still on Sidneys Candy across the board and know for sure will be using LAL, Jackson Bend, Paddy O Prado, American Lion behind him and more when I find out more info on slop runners.

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the update FB!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Hope you all took advantage of the info, had trip of a lifetime didn't hit the derby but had many winners on the undercard. The backside buzz horses run 1-3. Everyone was in love with Ice Box, Super Saver and they were so happy it poured for Paddy O Prado. Calvin stated in the paddock he taught Super Saver how to rate in the Ark Derby and he was still just in need of that race. He had a comment that I should of ran with, missed a mount on him the TB Derby to ride Rachel at the FG but was praying to get back on him for the Ark and Ky derby. He says they haven't yet peaked with this horse. Man sometimes I handicapping ego gets in my way, shold of known not to play Sidneys from the 20 hole but was hardheaded. Didn't play Big Brown in the derby because of the 20 hole and he was heads above Sidneys in a weaker field. Well cannot wait for the Preakness. I also got to the winners circle after the Oaks on the turf course, whoever wants to see the pictures email me and I will download them and send them to all.

Stay Put odds on winner

Mona De Momma 8/1 winner

PickaPocket 9/2 winner

Loup Breton runs 3rd

gl, fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Glad you had a good time, FB. I was glad to see Mona de Momma win, not that i bet the race or anything.