Preakness weather

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Supposedly looking good for Saturday, partly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain. But they are calling for scattered thunderstorms on Friday...

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    its suppose to be nasty here til friday..but it has not rained today...looks like they are calling for good weather on sat...
  • Steve19036Steve19036 Member
    edited May 2010
    rayphil just noticed you live in Baltimore i am heading up for the Preakness on Saturday not familiar with where Pimlico is. Are there any places nearby where one can park for free i noticed on the website parking was 60 bucks just a tad ridiculous.
    edited May 2010
    well to be honest you might want to drive near the track early and drive a good distance away from the track if you dont want to pay...honestly the track is in the hood...not joking...they have some nearby neighborhoods that you could prolly park in..that would be my suggestion...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    A little off topic, but I will be somewhere Saturday where an OTB/HRTV/TVG are not available.
    Will NBC be airing any other races besides the Preakness itself or will they (or any other networks) be covering the undercard?
    edited May 2010
    it looks like just hrtv has the pre preakness races...
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Get there early and you can park across the street on the lots of commercial businesses for about $20.
    edited May 2010
    well if you are capping the races for saturday you better cap the turf races for a yielding or soft course...this track here does take water well and we have been getting buckets here...not raining yet today but its overcast and could start anytime..
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    I've been parking on the street in the surrounding neighborhoods for the last 15 years. Not the best place to be walking around but as long it's not dark you should be ok. There will be tons of people walking to and from the track so there isn't much to worry about. I've been parking on Manhatten Ave, which is a small side street about 3 or 4 blocks from Northern Parkway, which runs right alongside the track.

Check it out on Mapquest to get an idea of where it's located. Use the intersection of Manhatten Ave and Pimlico Rd for Baltimore, MD to find the spot. Easy in and out and easy walk to the track.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Just checked on Weather.com, and they're calling for a 40% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, but all's clear on Saturday.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    i honestly think arkansas is a rain magnet 3 days a week right now... fridays, saturdays, and sundays. it is terrible for weekened warriors like me that just got done with finals!
    edited May 2010
    we will prolly get rain today cause it is a bit hazy out...but the last 2 days has been great so maybe the turf will dry out..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    runningoftheurinals.JPG