Dublin (?)
Stately Victor
Stay Put
Drosselmeyer
Setsuko (?)

Comments

• gothicteargothictear Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    I know the field isn't even set but who would U pick this early out?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Fly Down and Game on Dude are also both aimed for the Belmont
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    ice box... the favorite
    edited May 2010
    there was horse that prepped for the belmont this weekened... any guesses as to who it was... i heard this from someone with a know on the backside at many tracks
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    UPTOWNCHARLIEBROWN...been prepping...might go...w2w
    edited May 2010
    here is a hint... ran this weekend... and go west....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    ice box... the favorite

LOL, not sure how i left him out...
    edited May 2010
    another hint... ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    edited May 2010
    there was horse that prepped for the belmont this weekened... any guesses as to who it was... i heard this from someone with a know on the backside at many tracks

Alphie's Bet?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    how about made music for me????????
    edited May 2010
    Alphie's Bet?

winner. i went back and looked at the charts and race and i definitely see this now. this horse ran a 1: 48 mile and eighth earlier and ran 10th by a mile saturday... hmmmm
    edited May 2010
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010

I really don't see this horse making a impact in the Belmont, if he even runs. Mrs. Barbara has stated you need to work over Big Sandy that is why Make Music For Me is in New York and will work 2-3 times over the strip before the Belmont. I would suprised to see Alphies Best come in and work just once or not at all.
    edited May 2010
    Just saw the list, thanks for the link. Pretty sure Devil May Care has been ruled out by Pletcher.
    edited May 2010
    setsuko is out with a imflamed ankle
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »

Son of a bitch. He was going to be my play if he ran. I really thought the track layout at Belmont (in addition to the distance) would be perfect for him. He just needs some room and some time to get rolling. Maybe he can point to the JCGC?
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »

Here's the DRF blurb on Setsuko:

Setsuko will skip the Belmont Stakes because of inflammation in his ankles, trainer Richard Mandella said Wednesday. Runner-up in the Santa Anita Derby and considered a candidate for the Triple Crown races, Setsuko was excluded from the Kentucky Derby because of insufficient graded stakes earnings. He ran instead April 30 in the Grade 2 American Turf at Churchill Downs, and finished fourth.

Mandella brought Setsuko home to Santa Anita to prepare for the Belmont, but the colt was not up to stress. He had slow workouts on May 11 and May 18 before his ankles flared up.

"The Triple Crown is catching up with him," Mandella said, explaining the decision to pull the plug on a spring campaign.

"It's nothing serious," Mandella emphasized. "We are going to give him a couple months off and start thinking about next year." A son of Pleasantly Perfect, Setsuko has won 1 of 9, with four runner-up finishes including in two Kentucky Derby prep races at Santa Anita - the Grade 3 Sham Stakes on March 6 and the Santa Anita Derby on April 3.