Who Can Win the Belmont

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Only select two horses, let's get some response to this thread. I have picked the Derby and Preakenss so far and now going for the sweep.

1. Fly Down

2. First Dude

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    1. Drosselmeyer (Might be my biggest horse wager ever)

2. Stately Victor
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Drosselmeyer
    First Dude

There seems to be no pace of any kind listed for this race and that will be the angle I'll likely approach when gambling. While Fly Down and Ice Box are likely the two most accomplished, they're both gonna be running from the back of the pack in to what I feel will be a very soft pace. First Dude may be on the lead himself and Drosselmeyer will be in a good striking range, perhaps his grinding run style may work here. Drosselmeyer doesn't have a solid turn of foot, one horse I can think of with a similar running style was Tale of Ekati.
  • ballcoachballcoach Member
    edited June 2010
    fly down
    stately victor
    I think you always have to look at a horse that has run on the track, and I think alan garcia is always worth a look in a big race, which I think can get a nice price winner.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    mike...that bet might be worst then all of your dublin bets combined..lol...one horse..stay put
    edited June 2010
    and IMO the card is looking nice but i cant wait to see trappe shot run in that allowance race on sat..
    edited June 2010
    I just dont think Stay Put will have enough pace to run at. I hate to play Mott in these big races cause he reminds me so much of Shug McGaughey. The types of trainers that have great high-end allowance horses but when it comes to 2 and 3 yo's they dont seem as good esp in triple crown races. Honestly I dont see this race any more than a high end allowance race. I think Drosselmeyer breaks around 4th or 5th and stays close than around the far turn takes the lead and runs away with it!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    STATELY VICTOR & ICE BOX...w2w
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm with you wiretowire, Ice Box - Stately Victor. First Dude should be out there setting the pace and feel that Pletcher will instruct for Interactif to stay with him.
  • DickCDickC Member
    edited June 2010
    I am not thrilled with the race at all, but have decided to bet $100 total on it.

Will be betting: $30 WIN on # 4
    $5 EXACTA BOX, 4,6,7
    $5 TRIFECTA, 4,6,/4,6,7/4,6,7 11

Good luck to everyone
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Zito Double
    Icebox

Fly down
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Bump, 160 views and only 8 post with selections. Get off the bench and post the last race of the Triple Crown Series.

fb
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Ice Box
    Fly Down
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Ice Box
    Stay Put
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Ice Box
    Game on Dude
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    i like this longshot :thumbup:

10 Stay Put WPS

10 Stay Put ,,,6 Ice Box,,11 First Dude EX Box

10/5611/all tri-

510/561011/5691011/all Super
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    $1 tri key 8 with 11-5-3. Expect a big effort from Baffert's horse today. GL to all
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Game On Dude.....will Get The Perfect Trip!!!!!
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    11th :thumbup:
    #9 Stately Victor

#6 Ice Box
  • oakasoakas Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    First Dude
    Ice Box
    edited June 2010
    :clap2: 15 MINUTES TO POST TIME GL every1 lets get this on...:cool2:
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    i hope that was your biggest wager ever!!!! CONGRATS!
    edited June 2010
    Mikenyce wrote: »

2. Stately Victor

Drosselmeyer
    First Dude

There seems to be no pace of any kind listed for this race and that will be the angle I'll likely approach when gambling. While Fly Down and Ice Box are likely the two most accomplished, they're both gonna be running from the back of the pack in to what I feel will be a very soft pace. First Dude may be on the lead himself and Drosselmeyer will be in a good striking range, perhaps his grinding run style may work here. Drosselmeyer doesn't have a solid turn of foot, one horse I can think of with a similar running style was Tale of Ekati.

great call wow congrats:thumbup:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010

CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY!!!!

I was thinking about you when Drosselmeyer crossed the wire. Way to go, big time.
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    I said holy crap that guy at horseracingtalk hammer that SOB congrates...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010

2. Stately Victor

Great Job!!!!
    edited June 2010
    CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY!!!!

I was thinking about you when Drosselmeyer crossed the wire. Way to go, big time.

Dont mean to bump this to the top but Ive been on Vacation since Saturday. I went and put the wager in on this horse Friday. No exactas tri's Supers Nothing. Just a nice win ticket. I drove down to Virg Beach on saturday from RI and was lucky enough to get a rental van with Sat. radio and could listen to the races before on the radio. Arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes before the post threw it on the TV and was going crazy! Nice way to start a Vacation!
    edited June 2010
    i was stationed in va and went to va beach a couple times...ok to visit sucks to live there...cops are everywhere down there...congrats on the score buddy
    edited June 2010
    Thanks. Yeah there were cops everywhere but there was also alot of riff-raff hanging around. Nice place to vacation though. Had a great time sucks to be back home :(