Zenyatta

InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
If she didn't have to lose so much ground it wouldn't be so close, She is one Big beautiful filly.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    wow great race!
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Exciting race to watch, wow yes she went very wide, but she could Not be deny
    The Queen is still #1., Flawless Victory in her career :thumbup:
    wow i love to see her run this is what this Sport of Kings (Queens) is all about;;
    Zenyatta amazing Performance :sweatdrop:

congrats on the Win Zenyatta.........
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    also the 9 pounds has a big thing to do with it...i like what ron ellis said on tvg when he said in grade 1 races weights should be equal..
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Great race, let's hope they ship her out of Cali for her next start. She is awesome to watch, gives me chills he she lays it down through the stretch.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Just a fantastic race. St Trinians was really pouring it on in the stretch, and even with the head-start, she still couldn't hold off Zenyatta. Incredible effort by both horses.

Btw, is anyone else surprised that St Trinians went off @ 2/1 here? I strongly considered giving her out on my site today, but i didn't think she would be worth the risk as a strong second choice in a 6-horse field (and i really thought she'd be closer to 3/1 than 2/1). I mean, how does anyone take 2/1 while trying to beat Zenyatta???
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Just a fantastic race. St Trinians was really pouring it on in the stretch, and even with the head-start, she still couldn't hold off Zenyatta. Incredible effort by both horses.

Btw, is anyone else surprised that St Trinians went off @ 2/1 here? I strongly considered giving her out on my site today, but i didn't think she would be worth the risk as a strong second choice in a 6-horse field (and i really thought she'd be closer to 3/1 than 2/1). I mean, how does anyone take 2/1 while trying to beat Zenyatta???

I was shocked at the odds. Maybe the word really did leak that Zenyatta's training wasn't up to par and that she wasn't herself and everyone saw St Trinians as the one to foil her streak. Not only did she go off at 2/1, but people got 1/2 on Zenyatta in a 6 horse field of fillies. When is the last time she ran against fillies and didnt go off at 1/5 or 1/9? Let alone in a 6 horse field?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    She went off @ 3/5 back in 2008 against Hystericalady. That was the race there Hystericalady was absolutely the lone speed, and many were predicting defeat for Zenyatta due to the pace discrepancy.

Incidentally, the race before that was the time where i actually picked Model to beat Zenyatta on my site. Looked like she had it won at the top of the stretch when she shot clear into the lead (at 35/1, or something close to that), but Zenyatta came roaring by late and cost me a helluva big win ticket. Luckily i also bet the quinella, which paid like 25/1. Not bad with Zenyatta in there.
    edited June 2010
    they had said that zenyatta had shed a couple of pounds because of shipping in the prior race..but with everything against her like the pace and trip and st. t getting first jump and pushing her 8 wide she still came and got her...
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    she was a little sore before the race. she hasn't been training like herself and she still caught the 2nd or 3rd best mare in the world at the time
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    check out this article on Zenyatta wow very funny Quote" I think it's time Zenyatta left California"

Zenyatta may see St Trinians again

INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Sunday evening, several hours after Zenyatta caught a game St Trinians in deep stretch of the $250,000 Vanity Handicap to extend her unbeaten streak to 17, trainer Mike Mitchell sent John Shirreffs a text message.

Mitchell's St Trinians had given Zenyatta a scare, and Mitchell wanted to offer congratulations, with a friendly piece of advice at the end.

"I think it's time Zenyatta left California," he wrote.

Mitchell will get his wish, but probably not as soon as he would like.

Monday, both Zenyatta and St Trinians emerged from the Grade 1 Vanity in excellent condition, their trainers said. The focus now shifts to a possible rematch in the $300,000 Clement Hirsch Stakes over 1 1/16 miles at Del Mar on Aug. 7, a race that Zenyatta won in both 2008 and 2009 for her seventh and 12th career wins.

Shirreffs was hesitant to fully commit Zenyatta to the Grade 1 Clement Hirsch on Monday, although her appearance is considered a strong possibility. The decision will be made by Shirreffs, owners Jerry and Ann Moss, and Dottie Ingordo-Shirreffs, who is the trainer's wife and the racing manager for the Mosses.

Shirreffs said he wants to see how the Del Mar Polytrack surface performs in the early weeks of the meeting, which begins on July 21, before committing Zenyatta. Since it was installed before the 2007 meeting, Del Mar's synthetic surface has been inconsistent on some days, with tighter conditions during the cool and often overcast hours of morning training followed by looser conditions in the afternoon, with exposure to a strong summer sun.

"We won't really commit until we know what Del Mar is like," Shirreffs said. "When it's loose, racing is very different on it. When it's tight, training is very different on it. We have to hope they find a happy medium for it."

If Zenyatta skips Del Mar, she could be sent to the East Coast, although Shirreffs seemed cool to that idea on Monday.

"How many times do you really want to cross the country," he said. The Breeders' Cup Classic at Churchill Downs in November is Zenyatta's long-term goal.

Shirreffs emphasized that a decision on Zenyatta's next start will be made only in the days before the Clement Hirsch. "It will be very late," he said.

St Trinians may start in the Clement Hirsch. She lost her left front shoe in the Vanity. Mitchell thinks it might have happened at the quarter-pole, but declined to make excuses for the half-length loss.

"I don't want it to sound like I would have won," he said. "A lot of times they're sore on that foot, but she jogged well on it [Monday]."

St Trinians took the lead in early stretch in the Vanity, led by a half-length at the eighth pole and tested Zenyatta to the finish.

"My heart almost came out of my chest," Mitchell said. "It was such a fun race to be in."

Zenyatta's 17-race winning streak exceeds the 16-race streaks of Cigar, Citation, Hallowed Dreams, and Mister Frisky. She has equaled the winning streak of Silent Witness, who raced in Hong Kong earlier in this century, and is two short of a mark held by New Mexico star Peppers Pride, who raced from 2005 to 2008.

Zenyatta has now earned $6,074,580. Her appearance in the Vanity drew 12,232 to Hollywood Park, some of whom traveled from out of state. Sunday morning, a woman poked her head into Shirreff's stable office.

"Are you Mr. Shirreffs?" she asked the trainer. "We're here from Arizona. We came to see history."
    edited June 2010
    they would be stupid to send her there...the race is to short..the same race she almost lost last year...if the vanity was 1 1/16 she would of lost.....ship her out john...stop being scared....