Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Looking forward to this one, thanks...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    rhgraham wrote: »
    Belmont

It's going to to tough one for her in there against the likes of Devil May Care and Connie and Michael. I think she will get the pace setup for her late move.

fb
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    has she ever ran on dirt...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    has she ever ran on dirt...

I'm actually going to guess no, unless maybe she raced at Fort Erie in a maiden race?
    I know she tried the turf once at Woodbine, but don't think she's stepped on to a dirt track.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    No, she hasn't. This will be her 1st on actual dirt.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Baker trains her on the dirt training track
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Short piece on Biofuel in today's edition of the Racing Form:

ETOBICOKE, Ontario - Trainer Reade Baker is looking forward to seeing Biofuel compete against some of the best in her division when she goes postward in Saturday's Mother Goose at Belmont Park.

The Mother Goose, a 1 1/16-mile race for 3-year-old fillies, offers Grade 1 status and a purse of $250,000.

Biofuel won the Grade 3 Mazarine over 1 1/16 miles here last fall and went on to finish an unlucky fourth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies at Santa Anita. Voted Canada's co-champion 2-year-old filly along with Negligee, Biofuel returned with an impressive victory in the six-furlong Star Shoot on April 10, and then doubled up in the 1 1/16-mile La Lorgnette here May 23.

"We had looked at the Mother Goose for her all along, if we were good enough coming out of the La Lorgnette," said Baker.

Biofuel left Woodbine on Tuesday morning and was to be joined by Baker Wednesday. Regular rider Eurico Rosa Da Silva will be heading down for the mount.

"Everything's going great," said Baker, who trains the Kentucky-bred Biofuel for her owner and breeder, Brereton C. Jones. "I couldn't have one going into a race any better."

"We had to go somewhere; there's nothing here for her until the fall. It's logical we'd go looking for a graded stake."
    edited June 2010
    5-1 on the m.l., no respect for the sitcky stuff runner!!!!!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    ill take 5-1....i really loved her in the breeders cup until she got bounced on in the lane....will be looking foward for this filly to run
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Guess Im gonna have to join in and take a shot
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    My mouth nearly hit the floor when I saw 5-1.
    Wayyy too much emphasis on the Pletcher runners. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran 3-4-5.
    Like the masses here I'll be on Biofuel to win and playing her over Devil May Care/Connie and Michael.
    Reverse of Connie and Michael over Biofuel.
    edited June 2010
    I was real high on Connie and Michael in this one, but noticed in the form today she has missed a work in between her last one and prior one. That is a concern to me.

fb