Maiden winner back in maiden race

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 4 @ Arlington

Can anyone explain what's going on here with #1A Thewayitusedtobe? The PP's are now showing that he was disqualified from purse money in hisw maiden win @ Arlington, but the PP's did not show this when he was entered in the Bashford Manor stakes a couple of weeks ago. Now, he's entered back in a maiden race???

And the DRF analysis from the Arlington Park guy (Marcus Hersh) makes no mention of it at all. This is weird.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I went to the Arlington Park website and checked the handicapping page (Scott McMannis) to see if there was any info there, and he's not even listing this horse in his top three. Unreal.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I went to the Arlington Park website and checked the handicapping page (Scott McMannis) to see if there was any info there, and he's not even listing this horse in his top three. Unreal.

Thats awful strange. I'm heading live to Arlington today for Million Preview Day so haven't purchased a program yet. Does the condition book on Arlington's homepage expand upon eligibility for the race at all?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I'm extremely confused. Not only did this horse win a maiden race, he won at first asking, and impressively enough to trigger the owner/trainer to ship him out for the Bashford Manor. Clearly he was outclassed there by the likes of Kantharos but Im asking the same two questions you are.

1 - How is he even allowed to be entered here?
    2 - How in God's name is this horse 4-1 on the morning line?
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Based on what I heard he was DQ'ed, today he won and paid 5.40
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Thewayitusedtobe wins easily @ $5.40