Saturday-Saratoga

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 9: #6 Biofuel Seemed to be the sexy pick around here and everywhere the last time she ran and ended up being no match for the winner. She did have trouble at the break and seemed a bit hurried throughout. I also noticed that the jockey on the winner Devil May Care (Johnny V) looked back several times entering the stretch looking to see if Biofuel was going to run up on them so I think the respect for this horse is there. Im never really to thrilled on playing a horse coming from Woodbine but I think the race over the dirt in her last will help alomg with the added distance today. Should get a bit more of a relaxed trip today and will run right by Devil May Care in the stretch.

$20 to show on all Kent Deormeax horses on the turf:

+$62 after yesterday

1st Race: #10 Thunder Chief
3rd Race: #7 Rock America
6th Race: #4 Prince Dubai

GOOD LUCK

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I think she's a good play today. Not sure if she can beat Devil May Care if that one repeats her latest performance, but note that they're stretching out to two turns today, and also note that all 3 of Devil May Care's losses have come around two turns. I also think that Biofuel has more room for improvement (it would be extremely difficult for DMC to improve off her last). Considering the difference in price here, i think Biofuel is the way to go.

Btw, let' s not forget the other forum filly Connie and Michael. That ones has performed FAR better around one turn than she has around two, so i think she's a pretty easy toss today. Especially with the abundance of speed in the race.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    The 8 Acting Happy appears to be the wise guy horse in here.. Seems to be working well. I will probably throw a few dollars on the feel good story TVG has been pushing Lisa's Booby Trap.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Agree with all of you on several of these points. There is more speed, so I as well will be tossing Connie and Michael (not to mention her horrible two turn performance). Acting Happy is another horse I like, but think the front end will take too much of a toll.

I will also be on Biofueld today. Only thing is, I'm pretty sure Johnny V was only looking back to see if he needed to whip Devil May Care lol. That race was in the bag for her after they turned for home. I'm hoping today Biofuel can get a bit more comfortable, let a stronger pace scenario pan out, and make her usual big run. As you said earlier Mike, she did look a bit hustled throughout in her last. Hoping that changes today.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    scatched
    9 2 Lisa's Booby Trap Early NO SUPERFECTA
    4 Connie and Michael Early
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Ugh. That will soften the pace scenario for Biofuel.
    Looking like Absinthe Minded and Acting Happy will be pace setters.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Kinda hurts with the scratches but still went with her!
    edited July 2010
    Did all she could, zero excuses. Biofuel will never beat Devil may Care
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Very nice run by Biofuel. Devil May Care was just too good.
    edited July 2010
    Paid well in the middle and to show. Also the exacta wasnt to bad. Made a few $$$ onto Sunday