The Sanford Stakes - Saratoga

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 9

#6 Chipshot (7/2 ml)

Good Asmussen colt flamed in his Keeneland debut after breaking slowly, but improved dramatically in his second start (while racing on dirt for the first time), finishing a close second in a key race @ Churchill. Broke his maiden next out in very good time at Monmouth (the Monmouth surface has been running quite slow this meet), and that effort was flattered when the horse he beat (Nacho Saint, also entered here) returned to miss by a neck. Chipshot was shipped into Saratoga early (no doubt pointing to this race) and has been training here all month, including a heads-up drill on July 12 with a 7-length maiden winner from Churchill (93 Beyer) named Ash Zee, who then came out of that drill to win an allowance race on yesterday's card (also note that Ash Zee is a 3yo, not a 2yo). Expecting a very good run out of this one.

HRT record:

69 for 256 (27%)

$593.00 mutuels ($8.59 avg)

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    i think lou brissie is a stand out in here..1 of only 2 horses to go the distance the 6f...ran behind the freak last out and in the prior start beat the dutrow runner boys of tosconvi...should be the ideal distance for this one minus that freak kantharos....ml 3-1
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I actually like maybesomaybenot.

Very difficult race. Had Kantharos been entered, this disagreement would not be happenining.
    Good luck guys
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I actually like maybesomaybenot.

Very difficult race. Had Kantharos been entered, this disagreement would not be happenining.
    Good luck guys

Winner @ $21
    Guess what though? Damn twinspires still cant accept IL Wagers on Saratoga because of a new Illinois ADW law.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Great call on Maybesomaybenot.