Did we see the BC Classic winner today?

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Does anyone think we saw the BC Classic winner today?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Quite possible. Blame looked great today, and of course Zenyatta won again. Talk about rallying from behind soft fractions, did you guys see the splits of the Clement Hirsch??? The track wasn't even running particularly slow today. At this point, it's hard to believe any horse can beat Zenyatta until we actually see it happen. And 1 1/4 miles is right up her alley.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Your not the Man until you beat the Man and so far the Ummmm Philly is 18-0. I do think watching Blame run down QR sent a message that there are a couple real good horses out there. Zen will have to be in top form. Saying that, Not sure anyone can beat her still when she is ready. Shes a funny horse. No fireworks, no bombs going off around her, no hoopla, no 25 length romps, she just plods along, makes her move when she is supposed to and gets er done.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    For some reason Im unable to open my thread from yesterday so Im not sure if this was already discussed. First thing, after QR gets away with those fractions there was zero excuse for him not opening up big when they hit the top of the stretch. Also what or who was Johnny V looking for when they were going down the stretch? He did the same thing with Devil May Care the last 2 times that horse won. i thought he was looking for Biofuel in those races but after seeing him today and wondering how many times he was going to look behind him. Must of been a shock to him when he went to look around and Blame was next next to him. All in all it was a great race and a great day at Saratoga. Was standing about 4 or 5 deep at the finish yelling and screaming like everyone else there.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    i saw him looking back to the inside and then to the outside...qr is a miler notable to go the distance...zen was what 8 or 9 back in a 50 and hange half...mike had her sitting great but he pushed the button to soon..she hit the front way to soon and he even said it...nobody is going to beat her at 1 1/4..mike just waved the stick to her and to be honest she did that way to easy...so they will send her to the zenyatta next at sa. and then ship to churchill...its going to be funny to see a horse run in her own race...also blame ran a hell of a race to catch qr with them times...also musket man didnt run to bad like to see him cut back a little...
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    what a day of racing and i was impressed by all the big names and concorde point should really be getting some consideration as one of the better 3 year olds and exhi ran his eyes out and was slowly getting to cp. That wouldve made a losing day into a winning one and wouldve givin me more money to fire in on blame but o well dems da breaks i guess. just an amazing day of racing!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    i saw him looking back to the inside and then to the outside...qr is a miler notable to go the distance...zen was what 8 or 9 back in a 50 and hange half...mike had her sitting great but he pushed the button to soon..she hit the front way to soon and he even said it...nobody is going to beat her at 1 1/4..mike just waved the stick to her and to be honest she did that way to easy...so they will send her to the zenyatta next at sa. and then ship to churchill...its going to be funny to see a horse run in her own race...also blame ran a hell of a race to catch qr with them times...also musket man didnt run to bad like to see him cut back a little...

Rumor has it she is aimed at Beldame as her final prep before BC Classic.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Leave Musket Man save some ground and not be up on the pace like he was and He is your winner next time out. He is always in there and seems like he is getting better each time.:toast:
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Go Go never put the stick on Blame and he was just warming up when he past the wire, at 1 1/4 he would of won by 3-4 over the super horse (MILER).

FB