Any early thoughts on Sat's Spa card?

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
A couple of well bred 2 year olds runnning on the undercard Sat,3 grade 1's a grade 2,and a grade 3..A cappers dream any early thoughts on sat's stakes races..
My travers pick-Afleet Alex..finish full of run last race prepping for the travers,Ice box is due for a good race..
Great Weekend of racing!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I don't have the PP's yet, but i'm guessing Afleet Alex won't be winning the Travers this year. I'm still smarting over that one not winning the Derby, btw.

Afleet Express, maybe. I expected him to run better in the Jim Dandy, though.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I absolutely love Afleet Express on Saturday Its scary. He got compromised by a HUGE speed bias the day of the Jim Dandy. I think every horse on the dirt that day went wire to wire. He still managed to run a decent race. There are several horses in this race that are front runners and the fact that he wont be way back in the race and he will get the early jump on the closers. Some many other factors to make me favor this horse. I also like Fly Down with him. Bunch of other horses I like on the card also. Make or break day I guess.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    DC my bad Afleet Express,still crying over not winning the derby.DC any word on any 2 year olds this weekend?
    edited August 2010
    No idea. I won't be able to look at the card until Friday.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    D C: Sat race 3, Forum running AGAIN. ML FAV AT 7/2Jock change to Prado. i'm worried about the 4, 8, 10.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I also like the 4 in that race. Had him the last time he ran. Was very green running all over the track. Also likt the 11 Dom/Motion angle. Looks like a good card
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the Ballerina? This race has me extremely confused.
    One thing that caught my eye is the amount of speed, I started to look at Pretty Prolific, but his only good recent races have come over the slop. Perhaps taking the blinkers off, second under McPeek might turn the corner here. Sometimes this horse looks a monster, other times an allowance horse.

I like Rightly So to step up and tackle this bunch, but again, too much speed IMO. I'll be looking elsewhere or passing.
    edited August 2010
    I noticed that our old friend My Jen is entered at a big price. I know she went off form at Gulfstream, but I don't believe she's run since then. And if she hasn't, I would guess she's doing pretty well if Kenneally is entering her straight into the Ballerina off the layoff.
    edited August 2010
    My bad, she's entered in the Victory Ride the race before. Same deal though.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    My bad, she's entered in the Victory Ride the race before. Same deal though.

I did notice that actually.
    12-1 too on her.
    The field isnt exactly what I would consider a killer bunch either.
    edited August 2010
    Yessssss!:smile2:
    edited August 2010
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    I absolutely love Afleet Express on Saturday Its scary. He got compromised by a HUGE speed bias the day of the Jim Dandy. I think every horse on the dirt that day went wire to wire. He still managed to run a decent race. There are several horses in this race that are front runners and the fact that he wont be way back in the race and he will get the early jump on the closers. Some many other factors to make me favor this horse. I also like Fly Down with him. Bunch of other horses I like on the card also. Make or break day I guess.

Nice call! i bet him to win also,did you hit the super?700 for a .10