Today's Stakes Plays (Saratoga/Del Mar)

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
These are my plays for today. I've had a case of seconditis lately, so any play over 4-1 will be backed up with a place bet (there are also a few longshots in here which warrant a place bet anyways). Heavier bets are on Bulldogger, Trappe Shot, and Smiling Tiger.
Good luck to everyone today!

Saratoga Race 8
#9 Maram

Saratoga Race 9
#2 My Jen
#3 Rapport

Saratoga Race 10
#6 Pretty Prolific

Saratoga Race 11
#5 Bulldogger

Saratoga Race 12
#2 Trappe Shot
Exacta Box Trappe Shot/Afleet Express/Fly Down

Del Mar Race 4
#1 Blue Chagall

Del Mar Race 8
#8 Crowded House

Del Mar Race 10
#8 Smiling Tiger

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Saratoga Race 8
    #9 Maram
    OUT

Saratoga Race 9
    #2 My Jen - Second @ 15.40 to Place
    #3 Rapport - Winner @ 6.90
    $59 Exacta for $1

Saratoga Race 10
    #6 Pretty Prolific
    OUT (Should have stuck with my guns, Rightly So wired em)

Saratoga Race 11
    #5 Bulldogger
    OUT (Discreetly Mine worked this horse)

Saratoga Race 12
    #2 Trappe Shot
    Exacta Box Trappe Shot/Afleet Express/Fly Down
    (Trappe Shot ran poorly. Fly Down/Afleet Express exacta paid $57.25 for $1

Del Mar Race 4
    #1 Blue Chagall
    OUT (Came on well, wide. Not enough to pace. This one is a playback.

Overall good day so far (those two exactas have surpassed my amount wagered with two picks left)
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Hope you made out like a bandit on My Jen. Nice exacta in the Travers, too!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Not sure who gave out My Jen but thanks. Nice price in the middle. Just got done cashing 1tri and 1 super in the travers along with the exacta and the flat bet. Im going friggin crazy! Was at a baseball game so I had to tape it. then watch it. The neighbors could hear me yelling!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Way to go, Mike!

I gave out Afleet Express on my site this morning, and i also mentioned that Afleet Again (47/1) could be used underneath for exactas and trifectas. I didn't mention the super, but i'm hoping somebody had it. I can't believe it paid almost $15,000! Congratuations!!!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    DC was definetly the source of My Jen.
    Unfortunately I use place betting mostly as a safeguard (still profited some there, but not like a bandit :cry:) but the exacta really helped.

I nearly talked myself off Trappe Shot to bet Afleex Express to win but felt I'd be kicking myself in the ass too much if he TS did win, hence my the exacta.

Lets root home crowded house and smiling tiger now
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    The funny thing about this horse was 2 minutes after the Jim Dandy was over I said to myself if this horse Afleet Express runs in the Travers he's my play. I never even looked at the racing form for this race today. Just went 100% by what I saw that day and how the track was running. I played 7-8-All 7-all-8 for the $1 tri and then for the $1 super 7-8-4-all and 7-8-all-4. Thought Fly Down coming out of the same race as Afleet Express and was compromised by the speed bias and Ive always liked Zito in the big races at NY. Had to throw First Dude in there cause this horse is as game as they come. The thing that got me the most from this race is Admiral Alex??? 10-1??? Horse should of been 50-1. Now after looking at the form Afleet Express was putting on some lbs. for this race. Still wouldnt of changed my mind
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    The funny thing about this horse was 2 minutes after the Jim Dandy was over I said to myself if this horse Afleet Express runs in the Travers he's my play. I never even looked at the racing form for this race today. Just went 100% by what I saw that day and how the track was running. I played 7-8-All 7-all-8 for the $1 tri and then for the $1 super 7-8-4-all and 7-8-all-4. Thought Fly Down coming out of the same race as Afleet Express and was compromised by the speed bias and Ive always liked Zito in the big races at NY. Had to throw First Dude in there cause this horse is as game as they come. The thing that got me the most from this race is Admiral Alex??? 10-1??? Horse should of been 50-1. Now after looking at the form Afleet Express was putting on some lbs. for this race. Still wouldnt of changed my mind

CONGRATS MIKENYCE, LOL:yes: very nice call on AE:clap2: