Rachel Beaten Again

wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
NOT THE SAME SINCE SHE FACED THE BOYS...LOVE THE HORSE...BUT IT IS NICE TO SEE CALVIN EAT CROW...IF HIS TEETH ARE IN...w2w

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    just like her dad...10f is not what she wants....
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    that was a beautiful Race i knew RA was going down an to make it sweet a 20/1 odds wow
    the jockey an the connections were so happy mmm RA is good but Zenyatta is Great:yes:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Could they possibly have run any slower? It's too bad Zenyatta didn't show up for this one, she might've won by a pole. And that, i would've liked to see...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    From a Zen fan here, In my eyes how I saw it, Fractions didn't need to be grueling to see this set up exactly how it did. Thought I was watching the connections of Rock Hard Ten making Smarty Jones play the fields game and the long one zipping by at the end. Don't need a Secritariats pace to win at 1 1/4 but do need a consistent pace out of your own horse or your gonna be sucking wind.
    edited August 2010
    The fractions really weren't that demanding at all. She got six panels in 112, and still finished as slow as could be.

Here's the video of the race:

YouTube - 2010 Personal Ensign Stakes
    edited August 2010
    after this i dont think we are going to see her again....as we know now ra doesnt stand a chance at 10f against zenyatta....if it was me i would just just retire and put her in the shed....assman took everything she has as a 3yo...
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2010
    The fractions may have been reasonable to slow, but sure seemed silly for them to be that far in front of the field.
    edited August 2010
    That's a good point, not sure what that was all about.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Zenyatta without question has been the best horse in the country the last 3 year.Her critiques question her competion,Z doesnt choose her races,Sherriffs always does whats best for Zenyatta he has a plan and will stick to it,he aint chasing til the first Saturay in November.Lets hope we get 5/2!
    edited August 2010
    that would be magic houdini to get 5-2...maybe 6-5 is more realistic..
  • Wizard9Wizard9 Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Not a Rachel fan but horse ran a credible race considering the negatives she had to deal with. Maybe before she retires, Borel will realize she's allowed to save distance and race closer to the rail. He loves to stick her out in that 3 path. Maybe he thinks he's on Spectacular Bid!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    that would be magic houdini to get 5-2...maybe 6-5 is more realistic..

Agreed. The older crop is of males this year is spead pretty thin. While Lookin at Lucky looked outstanding winning the Haskell, it sure wasn't flattered by Super Saver and Trappe Shot in the Travers. I haven't been hearing much overseas either of a monster coming this way.