Del Mar Plays

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 2
#2 Hemera
This one has to two rock solid efforts against good company here in So Cal after shipping overseas. His last effort caught my eye enough to add to the virtual stable where he sat last and ran by every horse but the winner (who just so happened to be Malibu Pier, a horse I like in a stakes tomorrow). There seems to be enough speed to allow him to make that big run again.

Race 3
#9 Iverness Cape
See DC's write up in Horses to Watch thread.

Race 5
#7 Late Cuddle
I looked several ways to beat this favorite and found none. His move in the last was just short of jaw dropping. A repeat of that effort blows these out of the water. (Play @ 4-5 or better only)

Race 6
#7 Bonita Montana
This is a wide open, evenly matched field and I found this 15-1 shot to have some upside. He has won off a 3 month layoff (here he comes back w/ 6 off) and seems to highly prefer these sprint distances on the AW. He has also faced good company in all of his starts (finished third to Evening Jewel last year in his first start). He also has the oh so necessary tactical speed. Look for this one to get first run and try and get away from tgem if he is good enough.
Small Win/Place wager.

Race 7
#2 Goggles McCoy/#3 Lions Story
I normally dont backup wagers, but did here. Small Win/Place on Lions Story followed by Tri's with Goggles McCoy over Lions Story, Gallant Gent, and Hamish Hy. Also 10c supers with Goggles over LS, GG, HH then add the #6 in for 3 slot, then all for fourth.