Sunday Plays

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Yesterday could not have gone much worse. On top of only having one place winner in my 4 listed picks yesterday, I got creamed on the Giant Oak race during the stretch run shenanigans that occured. Then, to top it off, I attempted to punch in a quick win/place wager on Tellakelly as I walked out the door, and accidentally drafted the wager instead of submitting it (she ended up destroying the field, likely BC Juvy Filly fav).
Anyways, new day, new races, and time to turn the tides.

All wagers today are win only @ 7/2 or less and win/place at 4/1 or better.

Monmouth Park
Race 10
#3 Sok Sok - Hard trying colt, always right there. The obvious scratch of Checklist will hurt the pace scenario, but I dont think this field will let the 6 run away with things. I'd expect constant pressure to soften him up just enough.

Race 11
#3 Nownownow
Consider his last a tightener. In this one, Get Serious was allow to set dawdling fractions on the front end rating him comfortably. Here, the 5 and 6 should be showing him much more pressure than his last. Nownownow will be tightened up from his last, and actually showed he has SOME tactical speed in his last. Look for this one to make one big run as they turn for home.

Saratoga
Race 9
#6 Citrus Kid
Citrus Kid, in his first race off a lengthy layoff, showed some minor gain in the stretch of his last race against the likes of Interactif (who would be 1-5 in this field). His pedigree shouldnt limit his distance much and he is up against a lot of horses who are not consistent winners. A small field should prevent traffic trouble and he should get the right trip.

Race 10
#1 Stopspendingmaria
Her maiden win was ultra impressive. She rocketed off with ease opening up in the stretch. She came back in Schueryville (sp?) and took all the damage on the front while running in the slop @ 21 4/5 and 45 3/5 while constantly battling co-favorite Lets Get Fiscal. Halfway down the stretch she put him away (he faded badly) and then eventually got run down by Le Mi Geux. Im hoping they just float her out and see how it goes, take the lead if they can, but not battle every step of the lead.

Del Mar
Race 1
#2 Indian Gracey
Impressive two starts. Fought hard vs. Tellakelly in his last to lose by 2 lengths and well clear of remainder of the field. Very confident in this one today (just hoping to get 6/5).

Race 6
#6 Miss Pleasant
Always been a board favorite of some of ours. Her last proved she doesn't need the front (and Im very thankful for that or I'd likely be passing on this speed filled race). Look for her to sit just off the pace and run the leaders down.

Race 8
#2 Malibu Pier
I absolutely love this horse. Her maiden win was as good as they get when she overcame tremendous traffic trouble to steer out and mow them down. She runs back in a very competitive open allowance race where she set all the fractions, was challenged by several, and put them all away. Hermana, who ran on well late, proved form and did so again Friday when he ran a nice third in a similar field.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Lol, i just bumped the Miss Plesant thread. Should've looked here first.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    tell a kelly looked like a moster in that race yesterday...alonso rode a hell of a race saving ground around turn and then swinging her out...just a freakish performance...flyin late im going to give you one winner at toga and del mar today...stay posted..
    edited September 2010
    flyin late i like smart farming in the 6th...9 mtp..putting him over the 1369
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    flyin late i like smart farming in the 6th...9 mtp..putting him over the 1369

Had a family event I had to attend and missed this. I did see the 3 and 9 ran on well for some monster place/show prices.
    edited September 2010
    the 5 was a non factor...love valiant passion in spinaway
    edited September 2010
    also your citrus kid selection...basically ate the hedges at the top of the lane....watch for next out